Police Set Barricades as ‘Days of Rage’ Protesters Target Wall Street (With Some Live Video)
The “main” live feed is further down the page — but I’m updating this post with a new livestream at the top because they are showing a more consistent feed of the protesters after dark.
ALSO — for our post of ten “random” videos from the day…including the “heart holding ritual” click here.
This post will be updated frequently
It’ unclear at this hour how many will turn out for the “Days of Rage” protests targeting large banks and the capitalist system.
Left activists have been gathering at meet up points in Manhattan this morning. The Blaze and GBTV have crews covering the events various angles.
A midday rally is scheduled for 12:30 at Bowling Green Park before the more serious focus turns to the Chase bank plaza at 3pm.
There is an affiliation of group participating. And there are events planned around the world for the day.
There is a Livestream channel called Global Revolution that plans to broadcast from various global spots including the Manhattan event. It has been alternating between live and recorded segments thus far. They are also alternating between live feeds from NYC and the other global demonstrations depending on which feed is working. We’ll be posting some “on-demand” highlights very soon.
Here are some of the early pictures from Twitter as activists plot their best moves against the police:
There are protest chaplains!
CNN technology and media writer Julianne Pepitone is posting lots of pictures on her Twitter feed:
There just might be a nicer side of rage:
So far Michelle Malkin isn’t too impressed with the protesters:
What do they want? They’re not really sure.
When do they want it? For a couple of months, or until the weather gets too cold, anyway.
A bunch of adrift Alinskyites and disorganized organizers from a group called “Adbusters” are converging in New York City for some reason or other. They’re bringing tents, sleeping bags, yoga instructors, face paint — and at some point, they’ll get around to deciding what their “one demand” is.
Malkin’s best idea? She notes that the group is demanding that Barack Obama “capitulate:” “Hey, someone notify Attttaaaaack Waaaaaatch!”
Yes there is Rage yoga:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 534 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 491 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 474 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 327 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 105 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 164 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 129 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Cannes: Dern a leading man again in 'Nebraska'
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Budget cuts mean unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Hezbollah: EU making big mistake
- Toronto mayor Rob Ford says he does not smoke crack cocaine