24 Arrested as ‘Days of Rage’ Protests Come to Boston
Police arrested two dozen protesters for trespassing during two financial demonstrations in downtown Boston Friday.
Organizers of one demonstration gathered outside Bank of America’s offices to protest the bank’s foreclosure practices in what the Boston Herald reported was an act of civil disobedience with up to 3,000 participants.
“They wanted to be arrested, and we obliged,” Boston police Commissioner Edward F. Davis told the newspaper.
Carolyn Grant, one of those arrested, told the Herald in a telephone interview the arrest was worth the trouble.
“We had to set a stand to let Bank of America know they cannot foreclose on families and put them out on the street,” Grant said, her companions in the holding unit cheering in the background.
Several blocks away, a separate group calling itself “Occupy Boston,” modeled after the recent “Occupy Wall Street” movement underway in New York City, held its own demonstration to protest general corporate greed.
“It doesn’t look like the politicians are serving the people any more,” said John, a protestor who would only give his first name to local ABC affiliate WCVB-TV. “They’re serving people with money.”
Protesters held a sit-in demonstration and vowed to stay until their voices were heard.
“We’re talking about government reform. We’re talking about finance reform,” Nadeem Mazen from Occupy Boston said. “And we’re opening up a national dialogue as part of a really big issue that’s on so many people’s minds.”
Bank of America spokesman T.J. Crawford dismissed the demonstration outside the bank as a publicity stunt.
“These individuals choose to ignore the facts and instead focus on increasingly aggressive PR stunts,” he said.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 481 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 426 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 388 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 311 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 115 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 113 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 219 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 204 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- School storm protection is spotty in tornado zones
- Obama threatens veto of House student loan plan
- House committee passes Iran sanctions legislation
- London terror attack leaves 1 dead near barracks
- Facebook posts: Suit filed over vet's detention
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Target's 1Q profit drops 29 pct on weak sales
- Am. Samoa to keep flier miles of govt travelers