Herman Cain At VVS: ‘You Can Demonstrate All You Want on Wall Street, the Problem is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue’
Republican candidate for president Herman Cain has not shied away from addressing anti-capitalistic “Occupy” protesters. Cain received a standing ovation at the Voter Values Summit Friday, when the Georgia businessman called out the groups as “anti-capitalism” and “anti-free market:”
“They are not working on the right problem,” said Cain. “Wall Street didn’t write those failed policies. Wall Street didn’t spend a trillion dollars. You can demonstrate all you want on Wall Street, the problem is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.”
ABC News reports that the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza touted his 9-9-9 economic plan at the event where the crowd chanted “9-9-9″ along with the candidate. Cain’s plan would put in place a 9 percent sales tax and reduce income and corporate taxes to a flat 9 percent.
“Don’t be jealous, don’t be envious,” Cain said of the Wall Street protesters at a book tour stop Wednesday. “I don’t have much patience for someone who does not want to achieve their American dream the old-fashioned way.”
While Cain would finish second in the VVS presidential straw poll, it was announced Saturday that the Georgian won the Midwest Republican Leadership Conference straw poll.
A perennial basement dweller in early polls on the 2012 GOP field, Cain has surged in recent weeks following the release of his 9-9-9 plan and slip-ups in the campaign of Gov. Rick Perry.
Cain jokingly told ABC News that the recent uptick in his support has led rivals to put a bulls eye on his back.
“They are afraid that this long shot may not be a long shot any longer.”
(H/T: Hot Air Pundit)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 549 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 503 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 475 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 332 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 324 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 199 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 207 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 139 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Principal recounts storm hitting Okla. school
- Arias foreman: Sentencing decision unfair to jury
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Stocks barely budge; market ends week with loss
- Rare Superman comic found in house insulation
- Netflix looks to hook subscribers with 'Arrested'
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Furlough Friday: Unpaid day off for many in gov't