‘No Freedom of Speech if You’re a Conservative’: Hank Jr. Gives Glenn a Candid Interview
It was an interview Glenn Beck characterized as one of his best ever.
Hank Williams Jr. isn’t mincing words when it comes to his feud with ESPN. In keeping with his bold and brash style, he joined Beck on radio Wednesday to talk about the fallout from his recent appearance on Fox News, and he was quite candid.
“This has actually put new life into you, hasn’t it?” Beck asked Williams.
“Oh,” Williams responded in his slow southern drawl, “don’t tread on me or the freedom of speech.”
And apparently country radio hasn’t. According to Williams, his new song “Keep the Change” about the controversy has skyrocketed to number one. “The number one song in this country downloaded and streamed in country radio is ‑‑ is yours truly, and I’m going to call it the people’s song,” he said.
But besides talking about his new anthem, he also had some words for Fox, which he thinks twisted his words and hinted at a full video coming that could bolster his case:
And by the way, Glenn, the rest of the story, you know, there will be downloads hopefully this afternoon. Ladies and gentlemen of America, we have that whole interview before they started. Please look at it. When they asked me, “Well, what about, you know, the presidential race and the politics.” I said, look, let’s don’t go there. Let’s talk about my father’s new box set. Yet I can’t wait, you know. In the words of Sean Hannity last night, I’d hate to be Fox and Friends right now. Just judge it for yourself. Don’t go there. And like you said, an analogy?
“There is no freedom of speech if you’re a conservative,” he added.
“This is my favorite interview maybe of all time,” Glenn concluded. See why below (Editor’s note: the video below does have a pause near the beginning — we are working on getting a better version):
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 591 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 393 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 337 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 326 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 283 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him