‘Knock it off!‘ See Bill O’Reilly’s Wild Interview With Tavis Smiley & Cornel West
PBS broadcaster Tavis Smiley and Princeton Professor Cornel West are currently crisscrossing the country promoting their TV special on poverty. Their media tour led them to Bill O’Reilly Tuesday night. And it was an explosive appearance.
O’Reilly started the segment by quoting some poverty stats on what the government is doing to help the poor, and how some poor have become “addicted” to aid. He then brought on Smiley and West to respond.
And that’s when it got real interesting.
West quickly rattled off something about the top one percent having 40 percent of the wealth, and then talked at warp speed about off-shore bank accounts before continuing to talk. And talk. O’Reilly eventually cut him off and warned him not to “filibuster.”
O’Reilly then defined what Smiley and West are advocating to solve the problem of poverty — redistribution of wealth — as socialism, and when Smiley responded, we got our first fireworks. See, O’Reilly misunderstood Smiley’s response when Smiley said O’Reilly was “right” about something — O’Reilly thought Smiley said he “lied” and O’Reilly quickly fired back (telling Smiley not to call him a liar) before eventually apologizing. Still, West saw that as an opportunity and said everyone lies, even O’Reilly.
Then it really got going. That’s because Smiley hinted that O’Reilly is racist because his show confronted a black CEO.
“Oh Tavis, knock it off! … We treat everybody the same here, Tavis,” O’Reilly responded forcefully.
“No you do not,” Smiley said as the two talked over each other. And that set up an explosion on set.
Smiley said it was ridiculous that while protesters were being arrested, no bankers had been apprehended. O’Reilly shouted, “Because they didn’t violate any laws, Tavis!”
Immediately both Smiley and West erupted in shouts, and West even leaped out of his chair and approached the camera with arms wide open.
“Oh! Come on, Bill! How do you know? There’s been no investigation!” West exclaimed.
“Hold it! If you’re going to make an accusation, professor, as a learned academic,” O’Reilly responded, “that…the fat cats on Wall St. broke the law, back it up! What law did they break?”
West responded that he had a “hunch” that if the bankers were investigated they would be found to have broken the law.
Eventually, O’Reilly told Smiley to “calm down” after saying that if the pair brought him evidence, he would put it on the air.
Now that’s some great TV. You can watch it unfold below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 590 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 390 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 321 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 275 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4