RNC Asks Top Dems: ‘Where’s the Outrage?’ on Occupy Wall Street Anti-Semitism
The Republican National Committee slammed top Democrats for lauding the ongoing Occupy Wall Street movement yet ignoring the numerous reported incidents of anti-Semitism that have occurred during the protests, which also have the support of the American Nazi Party.
“Democratic leaders have spent the last week championing the ‘Occupy Wall Street’ movement, yet in the midst of protestors’ extreme anti-Semitic, anti-Israel comments, they’ve been silent,” RNC communications direct Sean Spicer said in a release.
Specifically naming President Barack Obama, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif), Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) and Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.), Spicer accused them all of turning “a blind eye” to “ugly displays of bigotry.”
“Where’s the outrage?” Spicer asked. “While protestors are seen spewing hate against Jewish Americans, President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz have declared their support for the demonstrations. Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chair Steve Israel even circulated a petition saying he’s “standing with” Occupy Wall Street.”
Both Israel and Wasserman Schultz are Jewish.
“Is Steve Israel standing with those calling for the killing of Jews? Does Debbie Wasserman Schultz agree with the various calls for Jews to be “run out of this country” and to oppose and “destroy” the state of Israel?” Spicer added.
Spicer charged that Democrats have been quick to jump on “any instances of perceived extremism” among the Tea Party, yet are blatantly ignoring what’s been happening in New York City and the rest of the country.
A new ad released earlier this week similarly criticized politicians for not condemning anti-Semitism at the protests.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 435 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 410 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 335 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 319 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 126 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 118 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 230 Comments
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 241 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- Tesla uses stock, note sale to repay government
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- In Arias trial, TV cameras never far behind
- Inaugural tournament cut to 54 holes