Wiccan Prison Chaplain Allegedly Sexually Assaults & Drugs Inmate During Staged Hostage Situation
There’s a disturbing story coming out of Winnebago County, Wisconsin. On Friday, a Wiccan prison chaplain appeared in court to plead not guilty to sexually assaulting an inmate back in August.
Jamyi Witch (yes, her last name actually is “Witch”), 52, is accused of drugging the inmate, then performing sexual acts on him. In addition to this charge, she has also been accused of delivering narcotics. Witch, who is wheelchair-bound, denies these allegations.
She claims she was the one whom was held hostage and that she was sexually assaulted. Outside of the odd facts and circumstances surrounding the case, it’s your basic “he said, she said” scenario. However, there’s more to the story.
Court records indicate that the two knew one another before the incident unfolded and that the entire hostage situation may have been staged. Prosecutors are claiming that Witch and the inmate were plotting a scheme to get themselves transferred to another prison (to clarify, Witch is on staff, but employees also need to go through an official transfer system in most prison systems).
Apparently, a letter that the inmate wrote to his mother was intercepted. In the note, he claimed that Witch had devised the plan to have the two moved. In the letter, he wrote that the chaplain wanted to leave the prison due to threats from co-workers and he wanted to leave after being attacked by three men while in his cell. This, prosecutors say, was the catalyst that led them to implement their plan.
Witch was hired back in 2001 to serve as Oshkosh Correctional Institution’s first-ever Wiccan chaplain. She previously worked at Waupun Correctional Institution, where the inmate also previously served.
Witch is on paid administrative leave and will return to court on January 3 for a pre-trial conference. If convicted, she could face 58 years and six months in prison and $160,000 in fines.
(H/T: Mail Online)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,026 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 459 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 430 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 307 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 246 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 107 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 220 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 130 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Veteran DB Charles Woodson returns to Raiders
- Asia stocks rise as Fed official backs easy policy
- Singer Kellie Pickler named new 'Dancing' champ
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Garcia, Woods take their shots at each other
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Owner: Chinese boat's captain beaten by NKoreans