What Connections Does Beck Make Between Van Jones’ Revolution Group & Occupy Wall St?
On radio Monday, Glenn Beck raised some concerns about the similarities between the Van Jones-affiliated STORM (Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement) and the Occupy movement. Specifically, he noted that “consensus” structure of dealing with conflict and sexual assault.
“(STORM) had sharp radical leadership and it was dynamic and exciting and yada, yada, yada. But what happened was that they started STORM as a loose cadre of collective whose structure borrowed from both the anarchist and communist traditions,” Beck explained. “And they would bring tomorrow in. They had a strict code of conduct and security protocols, and what was great is they would they would have this cadre organization model popular in the communist political tradition, but STORM had no designated leadership. See if this sounds familiar. And STORM borrowed from spokes model of the anarchist tradition. The group made all the decisions together by a modified consensus process.”
That, Beck said, led to the expectation that sexual assault allegations would be dealt with internally:
“There was some problems of sexual discrimination, there were problems of possible violence against women, and the women were like, ‘Hey, wait a minute. Aren’t you guys supposed to be against domestic violence? Aren’t you guys supposed to be…’ and they said, no, we have to solve this internally! Like good Marxists do. And that’s really why it kind of fell apart is because the group didn’t, you know, they didn’t see eye to eye on, you know, violence towards women. Isn’t that weird?”
The Occupiers across the country have also encouraged that sex assault within the camps be dealt with internally.
You can listen to Beck make the connections below:
Read more and download the handbook at Glennbeck.com.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 567 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 488 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 352 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 261 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 244 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 143 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Sanabia : I didn't know spitter was against rules
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Report: Yahoo, pay-TV operators among Hulu bidders
- Bayern faces Dortmund in Champions League final