See the Top 5 Moments From the EAS System’s Failed National Test
On Wednesday, we reported that the national Emergency Alert System test was far from a success. There were problems reported all across the country, from garbled messages to even pop singer Lady Gaga playing on some sets. Well now, thanks to Clip Syndicate and YouTube, we have the top five moments from the failed test. The first four are in the initial video below, while Lady Gaga belting out her tune is in the latter video.
Here’s how Clip Syndicate describes its compilation:
Snippets of Emergency Alert System test as it appeared on television in Montana, San Francisco, New York and Denver. One news anchor quipped that the audio-less test didn’t seem to work correctly. A Critical Mention sampling of stations failed to detect Lady Gaga in the background audio, but there was plenty of static and distortion.
And here is the now-infamous DirecTV flub where Lady Gaga was broadcast:
But those weren’t the only problems:
During the test, a number of glitches showed up ranging from blank television screens, dead radio air and inexplicable broadcasts. News reports an online blogs said some DirectTV customers said they heard Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” play during the test interval. Some Comcast subscribers saw their cable boxes turn to QVC before the alert and Time Warner Cable customers in New York said they didn’t see any alert at all.
Officials have since tried to downplay the mistakes.
For more information, check out our earlier report on the botched test.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 607 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 528 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 421 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 363 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 314 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 157 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 101 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 118 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- AP Sources: Coyotes sale approved, hurdle remains
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Egypt court rules against religious slogans
- Automaker Tesla takes fight to North Carolina
- Hezbollah chief says group is fighting in Syria
- Protesters to march vs Monsanto in 250 cities
- Thousands walk, run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Hezbollah leader says his group will not stand idle while its ally Syria is under attack