Meet the Wall St. Businessmen Who Stood Up to the Protesters: ‘Occupy a Desk!’
Thursday, Blaze writer Mike Opelka snapped a picture of two Wall St. businessmen staging counter-protest against the Occupiers. They had neon green signs that said “Occupy a Desk!” and “Get a Job.”
So who are these guys? Well now we know: they’re two brothers named Derek and John Tabacco, and they own a small business. They’re also fed up with the protests.
“We got a bunch of small business owners together…and we thought that ‘hey, any good occupation couldn’t be ended without some resistance,’” John told Fox News, adding that there was a coalition of about 50 small business owners who are part of his movement.
“They were coming after us , they were screaming at us, trying to get in our face, putting their hands on us,” he said. He also identified with the “53%” — the group that pays taxes that the other 47% doesn’t — and said the “silent majority” was giving them the thumbs up during their counter-protest.
You can watch Johhn’s interview with Fox below:
The brothers, however, didn’t just sit down with Fox. The budding stars also agreed to an interview with Mediaite and explained more in-depth what they’re about and what hinted at some future plans:
Mediaite sat down with Derek and John Thursday afternoon, and the brothers explained why they were doing this, how they actually wouldn’t mind helping the OWS crowd with their organization, and what the experience was like being the first real anti-OWS protesters. To be clear, the duo isn’t against the movement — a point they made several times. They instead are against the protest, which they say has been a burden and eyesore on their neighborhood, as well as on small businesses in lower Manhattan. They hinted at some really creative, smart ideas that they have planned over the next couple weeks to rally support against the crowds.
That interview is here:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,030 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 434 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 309 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 249 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 133 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 223 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
- Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Straily, Cespedes push A's past Rangers 1-0
- Apple case seen as possible spur to tax action
- Bernanke testimony to be studied for policy clues