Stunning Vid: See Cleric’s Pro-Bin Laden, Anti-Semitic Rally in Egypt Surrounded by Al Qaeda Flags
There is already more violence in Tahrir square this week, and the Muslim brotherhood is emerging as a dominant political force. But now it appears there is a pro-Bin Laden, anti-Semitic, extremist faction demonstrating in Tahrir Square that proudly flies the flag of Al Qaeda.
The black Al Qaeda flags seen above became infamous during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars as the backdrop for numerous horrific beheading videos.
The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) has cut and translated the disturbing clip of Egyptian Cleric Tawfiq Al-Afni rallying his supporters in Tahrir Square just five days ago.
Below is a transcript of the Cleric’s comments:
“First of all, Islamic Law is the source of all legislation. In addition, I would like to tell the whole world that the prophet muhammad prophesized that the return of islam was inevitable.
Why do they fear islam? When Islam rules, justice, compassion, and goodness will prevail. So why do people fear Islam?
Are they thieves, that you should fear the cutting off of hands? Are you alcohol drinkers, that you should fear being flogged?
Sheikh Osama Bin Laden is a man who waged Jihad for the sake of Allah and we pray that Allah will unite with him and the martyrs in paradise. My brothers in Islam, we say with great pride that we adhere to jihad for the sake of allah.
Allah akbar! we are not waging jihad for worldly benefits or position, we wage jihad for the sake of Allah and the Koran.
We respond to your call, please turn our skulls into a ladder for your glory. We say to infidel America, by allah, if you contemplate coming into Egypt you will encounter men who love death more than you love life.
I say to the Jews if you contemplate harming Egypt or its muslim people you will encounter men who love death more than you love life.
Khaybar Khaybar of Jews, the army of Muhammad is here. Oh allah grant us martyrdom for your sake.
Islamic… Islamic…neither east nor west, Jewish nor American you return oh Islam, you will rule oh Koran.”
Here is a clip of the exchange, complete with a crowd screaming for Jihad and Al Qaeda’s black flag draped all over the podium. Video is courtesy of MEMRI:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 999 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 438 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 394 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 293 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 160 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 190 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 102 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Experienced Heat, upstart Pacers ready to go
- Key senator to let Myanmar sanctions bill lapse
- Arias asks jury to give her life in prison
- Sorrentino, Bruni Tedeschi bring Italy to Cannes
- Correction: Missing Mom-Utah story
- Gay Fla. teen charged for underage girlfriend
- Car bomb, other attacks kill 20 in Iraq
- Top figures barred from Iran's June ballot