Reporter Asks Carney: Does Obama ‘Approve or Disapprove of Bestiality in Our Armed Forces?’
Here’s a line of questioning you don’t hear everyday, let alone it being asked of a White House Press Secretary in reference to the Commander in Chief.
During what otherwise would have been a typical White House press briefing Monday, Jay Carney fielded a real curve ball from World Net Daily reporter Lester Kinsolving, a man known for asking outlandish questions. The topic? Whether President Obama approves of bestiality in the military.
Kinsolving was referring to a recent Senate vote repealing sodomy and bestiality bans in the military.
The odd, if not uproarious exchange went something like this:
KINSOLVING: The Family Research Council and CNS News both reported a 93-to-7 U.S. Senate vote to approve a defense authorization bill that, quote, “includes a provision which not only repeals the military law on sodomy, but also repeals the military ban on sex with animals, or bestiality.” Does the commander-in-chief approve or disapprove of bestiality in our armed forces?
CARNEY: I don’t have any comment on–I don’t have any comment on that. Let me go to another question.
KINSOLVING: Does the President believe this will be approved by all animal support groups, such as –
CARNEY: Let’s get to something more serious.
Perhaps what Kinsolving was most likely trying to do was call attention to the fact that valuable senate resources were spent on what many would call a frivolous, not to mention absurd provision in the first place.
Carney, who is often noted for his quick comebacks and ability to turn a phrase with even the most hostile reporters, clearly was not amused in this instance. Still, one wonders how he managed to refrain from even cracking a smile.
Bold emphasis added by The Blaze.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 585 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 519 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 387 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 316 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 269 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 150 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- No shave for Johnson after Nats top Phillies 5-2
- Dead Pa. baby's dad believes in 'divine healing'