Investor Jim Rogers Gives Dire Warning on GBTV: ‘That Will Lead to the End of the World as We Know It’
“Jim, economic collapse with the euro: will that lead to a recession?” asks Glenn Beck.
“That will lead to the end of the world as we know it,” answers Jim Rogers, founder of Rogers International Commodities Index. “That will certainly lead to the end of the world as Washington D.C. knows it. There’s no question about that.”
But who is Jim Rogers and what does he know about the global financial situation?
For those unfamiliar with Beck’s guest, Jim Rogers is a famous American investor who, along with George Soros, founded the Quantum Fund, one of the world’s first international funds. Also, as mentioned above, he is the creator of the Rogers International Commodities Index.
He is a well-known proponent of free market capitalism, a successful author, a regular lecturer of finance at the Columbia University Graduate School of Business, and he has been a regular guest on Fox News’ “Cavuto on Business.”
Needless to say, he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to finances and he has repeatedly proven his keen market sense.
“We do live in very perilous times and I hope you’re very careful and I hope you’re prepared,” Rogers said in regards to the growing financial meltdown.
The conversation then turned to the topic of gold and the importance the precious metal may play in the near future.
“Everybody knows what that [gold] is. You’ll be able to sell it, barter it you have to, if it gets this bad,” said Rogers.
But what could create conditions bad enough to force someone to have to barter gold?
A total financial collapse.
Beck asked Rogers to explain difference between a recession, a depression, and the much-feared total collapse.
“Well, a recession is when your neighbor loses his job and a depression is when you lose your job. And collapse is when nobody has a job and there are people foraging in the streets; happened in Argentina 10 years ago, happened in Germany in the early 20s—“
“But it’ll never happen here. This is the United States of America!” Beck interjected.
At that point, for both the host and the guest, trying to keep a straight face became an exercise in futility.
Watch Beck and Rogers discuss everything from the potential food shortages that may occur in the event of a total economic collapse, to the present-day agricultural disaster, and much more via GBTV:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 577 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 510 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 491 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 382 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 305 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 264 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 148 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Zimmermann wins 8th; Nationals top Phillies 5-2
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom
- Kuchar leads Colonial when 2nd round suspended
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Police: 'Thong Cape Scooter Man' not breaking law
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81