O’Reilly Reacts to Shielding Himself with Umbrella During Ambush by Occupier: ‘I Felt Like the Penguin’ in Batman
During Thursday’s O’Reilly Factor, bost Bill O’Reilly shared his reaction to last night’s run-in with a D.C. Occupier. The man, who rushed towards O’Reilly repeatedly asked the Fox host whether he had attended a fundraiser for now-Republican frontrunner Newt Gingrich.
O’Reilly told viewers that he had been “walking to the White House for an annual media party,” when a man ran up behind him and “began screaming,” ignoring O’Reilly’s pleas to leave him alone. When the man was about a foot away, the Fox News host attempted to use his umbrella as a shield.
Below is Wednesday’s video for reference. O’Reilly’s reaction on Thursday’s Factor, follows below:
O’Reilly continued, recounting how a Secret Service agent stopped the man, discovering that he was an Occupy DC protester. O’Reilly asked the agent to call police because “I felt the guy was out of control.” The man could not be arrested, according to the officers who arrived on the scene, because he hasn’t actually physically touched O’Reilly.
The host added that, if the man had identified himself, he would have stopped and talked to him, maybe even invited him onto The Factor, but that, since he didn’t know who the man is or whether or not he was carrying a weapon, he tried to, essentially, protect himself from a meddling, threatening stranger.
In response to the events of that evening, Factor guest and D.C. police detective Trevor Hewick weighed in, saying, “The police misinterpreted the law…because you don’t have to have a physical contact or an injury to arrest somebody for simple assault.”
Hewick suggested that political correctness might have been at play in preventing law enforcement from taking further action.
Below is an interview with the man who rushed O’Reilly:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 378 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 172 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 288 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' deaths
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Council members abstain from vote on abstaining
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- Big stores nix credit card settlement, file suit
- Distraught mom becomes face of Oklahoma storm
- IMF chief Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes