Are ‘Modern-Day Grinches’ Stepping Up the ‘War on Christmas?’ (Take the Poll)
Are modern-day Grinches intensifying their efforts to crack down on the Christmas spirit? Well — that depends on who you ask. While many believe wholeheartedly that atheists, among others, have waged a full-out war on the holiday season, others contend that the “War on Christmas” is a manufactured controversy.
Regardless of what one thinks, though, it’s hard to deny that bizarre instances seem to keep popping up all over the country. Yesterday, the Blaze brought you a report about Christmas carolers who were booted from a U.S. Post Office branch. And we’ve covered a number of incidents surrounding attacks by atheists on nativities (here’s one in Texas and another in California).
Here’s another example of anti-Christmas sentiment, as described by CBN News:
In the nation’s heartland, the city of Tulsa, Okla., referred to by some as “the buckle of the Bible belt,” recently took the word ‘Christmas’ out of it’s annual holiday parade.
In response, several churches organized their own Christmas parade and scheduled it at the exact same time as the city-sponsored event.
“People were singing because they were talking about Christmas and how great it was and it was pretty fun to watch,” parade watcher Chloe Tunnell said.
Considering these events, many, including CBN, are contending that the War on Christmas is worsening and that “modern grinches” are, indeed, intensifying their “efforts to take Christ out of the holiday.” Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly has joined the chorus (as he does every year) of those speaking out this Christmas season against attacks on the religious nature of the holiday.
Below, see a special report that provides an overview on this year’s “War on Christmas”:
In the video, one atheist can be heard saying, “I think it’s about time personally that people who don’t have any religion and don’t believe in God get a little bit of a voice.” While many would argue that everyone has a right to be heard at Christmas, some claim that atheists are more intent in stripping the season of references to Christ than ensuring they have an equal playing field for self-expression.
What do you think? Based on what you’ve seen so far this year, has the War on Christmas intensified? Take the poll:
(H/T: CBN News)
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 592 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 393 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 337 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 328 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 286 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan