Iran Mocks Obama After He Asks For Downed Drone Back, Says He ‘Begs To Give Him Back His Toy Plane’
“Obama is hoping that the Iranian government is in a Christmas mood because he has asked Tehran to send him his Christmas present. Iran mocks Obama who ‘begged’ for [his] Drone back,” goaded Fars News Agency on Tuesday.
“We have asked for it back. We’ll see how the Iranians respond,” Obama said following a White House meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.
Israel National News adds:
Iran said last week it downed an advanced RQ-70 drone. The Obama administration initially denied the report, but later admitted it had lost a drone.
“Given Iran’s behavior to date, we do not expect them to comply,” U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said. President Obama reportedly turned down proposals to try to bomb the drone or retrieve it, fearing such an act would be considered an “act of war.”
“This is not only an intelligence victory for us, but a defeat for our enemies,” said a senior commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps.
The RQ-170 has special coatings and a batwing shape designed to help it stay undetected by radar.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast lambasted Obama, saying that ”it seems that he has forgotten that Iran’s air space has been violated, espionage operations have been carried out, international laws have been violated and Iran’s internal affairs have been interfered with.”
Iran boasted that the U.S. has lost 90 drones since 2007.
“The Drone Crash Database of the global research says thirteen drone crashes have taken place over the past ten months, including the stealth drone in Iran,” Fars reported.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 474 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 449 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 426 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 317 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 120 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 113 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets That Can Turn You Into a Detective Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- 3 al-Qaida members, 2 soldiers dead in Yemen clash
- Some damage reported from 5.7 quake in N. Calif.
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Kid Rock, Rolling Stones on scalping, summer tours
- News Corp. board approves split, stock buyback