Beck Delivers Emotional Christmas Message: ‘God is Crying Out to Us’
“It’s hard to believe we’re twelve days away from Christmas,” said Glenn Beck Tuesday night on GBTV. It was an entire show devoted to Christmas. A show in which he defended the “Christmas” tree as well as talked about the “transformative power” of Jesus.
“Maybe it’s just me, but Christmas doesn’t feel the same as it did when I was a kid,” he began.
“Maybe it’s because of the Black Friday shoppers that we showed you, worse than ever before,” Beck said in reference to recent viral videos of shoppers scuffling during retailer’s biggest sale day. “A video of people fighting over a waffle iron, toasters. ‘Give it to me! It’s mine!’”
Maybe it’s the story after story about teen mobs that are selling their souls for literally a candy bar or an energy drink or a bag of chips. And others committing threatening and horrible acts of violence on our streets.
Maybe Christmas doesn’t feel the same because, in spite of the fact that the economy is already suffering–and there are no real signs of it improving, globally especially–as I walked up the streets this weekend here in New York City, it was lined with shoppers waiting in line to just go buy more stuff.
And I–I found myself, almost gridlocked in a sea of people this weekend. And I just wanted to grab people and say, “What’s wrong with you?”
“Maybe, maybe I’ve just reached my boiling point on how many years I can tolerate this,” said Beck pointing to an image of Christmas tree, “being called a ‘Holiday tree.’ It’s not a ‘Holiday tree.’ It’s a Christmas tree. That’s just what it is. I don’t mean any offense, that just is a Christmas tree. The lights on it symbolize that Jesus Christ is the way and the truth and the light. That’s what it means,” Beck explained.
“It’s not ‘happy winter everybody!’ It’s Christmas.”
Watch Glenn Beck explain the real reason we celebrate Christmas and why now, more than ever, we should take time to reflect on this precious and holy day (via GBTV):
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 586 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 388 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 318 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 270 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- No shave for Johnson after Nats top Phillies 5-2
- Dead Pa. baby's dad believes in 'divine healing'