Yes, This Really Is Ex-Sen. Arlen Specter Cracking Sex Jokes At a Philly Comedy Club Last Night
PHILADELPHIA (The Blaze/AP) — Knock, knock. Who’s there? It’s former Sen. Arlen Specter and he’s continuing his second career as a comedian.
The longtime Pennsylvania senator performed at an open-mic night at the Helium Comedy Club in Philadelphia on Tuesday, continuing a post-politics foray into standup.
Specter told the crowd he’s “been in comedy now for 30 years” and took shots at former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and others in his act. Former President Bill Clinton and current Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich were also targets of Specter quips. Former candidate Herman Cain wasn’t exempt either.
For example, he said he didn’t vote to impeach Clinton because they were friends, despite the “body of evidence.” He even worked in a joke about Clinton and Viagra.
On Christie, he quipped that Christie was upset the recent hurricane destroyed “both books” in his library “and he wasn’t finished coloring one of them.”
[Content warning: the jokes contain some adult content]
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the crowd roared with approval at Specter’s jokes. Specter himself tells the newspaper that “humor is elevating” and he wanted to try it out.
He says, “I might be invited back.”
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 507 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 469 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 406 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 332 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 105 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 206 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 104 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash.; people in water
- Japan's PM Abe defends policies as markets settle
- Francona manages at Fenway for 1st time since 2011
- Avalanche hire Patrick Roy as coach
- Red Wings top Blackhawks 2-0, take 3-1 series lead
- GOP's Walker touts state ties during trip to Iowa
- Brown hounded for calling Manila 'gates of hell'
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set