Wedding Ring Lost for 16 Years Found Growing on Garden Carrot
Recently engaged or married women are often advised to not take off their ring. Lena Påhlsson of Mora, Dalarna, Sweden, learned that lesson the hard way in 1995 when she lost the ring she helped design after taking it off to bake.
After months turned into years of not finding the ring, Sweden’s The Local reports, Påhlsson gave up hope that it would turn up. Now, 16 years after it was lost, the ring has resurfaced in an unexpected way.
The Local has the story:
The ring, which Lena had designed herself, went missing after she had put it on the kitchen counter in midst of a holiday baking session back in 1995.
The couple engaged in a frantic search for the ring, even checked behind the appliances and beneath the floor boards when renovating the kitchen a few years later, but to no avail.
But as Lena was about to gather the last of the carrots from the family vegetable patch last October, she pulled out a carrot that had something attached to it.
As the carrot was so small, she was about to throw it away when she realized what it was that appeared to be “growing” around the finger-sized vegetable.
“Our daughter Anna was at home at the time and she heard an almighty scream from the garden,” Ola Påhlsson, [Lena's husband], told The Local, recalling the day of the miraculous find.
Anna thought Lena had hurt herself and went running to her mother.
She instead found Lena sitting on a chair looking rather shocked.
“It was Lena’s wedding ring that had been missing since 1995 after Lena’s annual Christmas baking. It had surfaced, wrapped around a carrot. Quite amazing,” said Ola.
As to how the ring would have made it into the garden, the couple thinks it could have fallen into the compost bin they used and was then fed to one of their sheep. The ring then could have been spread in the garden as manure. It is reported that the white gold ring with seven diamonds was in “as good as new” condition.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 439 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 382 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 363 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 312 Comments
- ‘We Ain’t Scared of Nobody!’: New Documentary Claims to Show the KKK Thriving in Deep South 303 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 163 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 115 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Giffords, husband address graduates at Bard
- Kuchar still leads at Colonial after long Saturday
- Tornado victims include animal lover, man in truck
- Red Sox rally for 4 in 8th to beat Indians 7-4
- Bayern beats Dortmund 2-1 in final on Robben goal
- Anti-Muslim actions rise in UK over slain soldier
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; dozens rescued