GBTV Announces New Blaze Show: ‘Real News From The Blaze’
[Editor's note: tune in to "Real News From The Blaze" on Wednesday, January 18, at 7 pm ET by clicking here.]
On radio Monday, Glenn Beck teased a big announcement coming up on his 5pm show. And if you’ve been wondering what it will be, we have the answer: The Blaze is getting its own show on GBTV.
The show will be a news roundtable featuring analysis and commentary from personalities associated with The Blaze, including moderator Amy Holmes (a regular face during Beck’s 5 o’clock show), Blaze Editor-in-Chief Scott Baker, and regular contributors Buck Sexton, Will Cain, and S.E Cupp. Other Blaze editors will also make regular appearances on the show.
The show, “Real News From The Blaze,” will premiere on January 18, and will air daily from 7-8 pm ET.
“While GBTV is and will remain an information and entertainment network, we saw a real opportunity to provide the news that our audience is looking for and is too often ignored by the mainstream media,” Joel Cheatwood, President of Programming at GBTV, said in a news release. “We are passionate about offering our audience a deeply reported and engaging look at the news and are excited to be able to draw on the incredible editorial resources at The Blaze.”
Editor-in-Chief Scott Baker echoed that excitement while also promising to live up to the site’s tag line.
“The Blaze audience knows we mean it when we say The Truth Has No Agenda,” he said. “Our goal is to pursue truth and see where that takes us. To have an hour each night to make sense of the day’s news is going to be a tremendous opportunity. That it comes during a pivotal election year bring us an even greater responsibility to be rigorous and relentless.”
You can read the full news release below. Glenn Beck will also have more details on his GBTV show tonight.
GBTV LAUNCHES REAL NEWS FROM THE BLAZEHour Nightly Show Will Feature The Blaze’s Editorial Team and Will Break News and Offer Context Often Ignored By the MediaReal News From the Blaze Joins GBTV’s Growing Line-Up and Will Debut as Part of GBTV’s Premiere Night on January 18thWhich Also Features the Launch of the Reality Show Independence USA
(New York, NY January 9th 2012) GBTV, Glenn Beck’s live streaming video network, announced today that it is launching Real News From The Blaze, a one hour news show dedicated to focusing on stories that the mainstream media misses and are of interest and importance to GBTV’s subscribers. Real News From The Blaze debuts at 7pm est on January 18th, GBTV’s Premiere Night which also features the launch of Independence USA, the network’s first reality show.
GBTV is partnering with The Blaze, Mercury Radio Arts’ news and information network, to provide the news, reporting and analysis for the program. The show will feature among others The Blaze.com‘s Editor in Chief Scott Baker, Amy Holmes, SE Cupp, Will Cain, and Buck Sexton, with the full support of The Blaze’s entire editorial team. TheBlaze.com received over 6 million unique visitors per month in December 2011.
This announcement furthers the collaboration between GBTV and the Blaze. Amy Holmes also currently serves as The Blaze News Anchor on Beck’s daily two hour show providing news updates. The Blaze also provides news reports for Glenn’s radio show.
Joel Cheatwood, President of Programming at GBTV said: “While GBTV is and will remain an information and entertainment network, we saw a real opportunity to provide the news that our audience is looking for and is too often ignored by the mainstream media. We are passionate about offering our audience a deeply reported and engaging look at the news and are excited to be able to draw on the incredible editorial resources at The Blaze.”
Scott Baker, EIC of The Blaze said: ”The Blaze audience knows we mean it when we say The Truth Has No Agenda. Our goal is to pursue truth and see where that takes us. To have an hour each night to make sense of the day’s news is going to be a tremendous opportunity. That it comes during a pivotal election year bring us an even greater responsibility to be rigorous and relentless.”
Each and every day there’s a whole world of news and information that goes unreported, ignored by the mainstream media. Stories, issues, and events that impact the daily lives of Americans young and old ignored, purposely discarded, or “reported” without the benefit of the full perspective or context. News = Truth…and the truth has no agenda. Real News from The Blaze will play no favorites. The good, the bad, and the downright ugly will be presented unvarnished and complete without a nod to the left or the right. News and analysis from the worlds of politics, national security, the economy, foreign policy, and whatever else impacts our lives. Virginia Leahy, who helped develop and launch three primetime shows on HLN, will serve as executive producer.
Since its launch, GBTV has already added a wide range of original programming including the reality show Independence USA, the kid’s show Liberty Tree House and the comedy news show The B.S. of A. GBTV also recently announced a deal with Icebox, the innovative animation production company to jointly develop an animated comedy series. GBTV features Glenn’s two-hour show, which is airs live weekdays from 5 to 7PM ET and is broadcast from Dallas, Texas.
About Mercury Radio Arts
Mercury Radio Arts is Glenn Beck’s fully integrated multi-media production company. Mercury produces all Glenn Beck related properties including The Glenn Beck Program, America’s third highest-rated radio show, Beck’s New York Times bestselling books, and his live stage-show business.Mercury’s digital platforms now include GlennBeck.com, the fan portal; GBTV, the live streaming video network;Markdown.com , the e-commerce site for connecting consumers with valuable discounts; and TheBlaze.com, the News & Information network. The Mercury Digital network receives over 6 million unique visitors per month.Founded in 2002, Mercury has a full time staff of over 100 employees and is headquartered in New York, NY with radio and television facilities in Dallas, Texas.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,031 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 435 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 309 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 250 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 141 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 103 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Egypt TV: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Egyptian state TV says 6 policemen, border guard abducted in Sinai have been released
- Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
- US auto factories cutting back on summer downtime
- Trout hits for cycle, drives in 5, Angels rout M's
- Ai Weiwei uses music to mock state power in China
- Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings