Brutal Attack By Philly Teens on Wounded Vietnam Vet Caught on Video
“These animals are specializing on our elderly people out here and a gentleman who served our country,” Lt. George McClay said.
According to KWY-TV, Police say 64-year-old Edward Schaefer was walking to meet his wife at the bus stop when six males approached him from behind, when one of the suspects began the violent attack.
Others then joined in on the brutal group beating. The teen thugs fled the scene before authorities could arrive.
Schaefer was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center. He has a fractured skull and severe injuries to his face and hand.
Here is a video released by the Philadelphia police that shows the assault, and several suspects:
“I’m disgusted by this whole thing,” Lt. McClay said. “I’m surprised he survived. One more shot the wrong way” and the assault could have become a murder.
The suspects are described as six black and Hispanic males, between the ages of 16 and 18.
Given the severity of the vicious beating on a disabled veteran, McClay said once apprehended, the suspects could be charged with attempted murder.
KWY-TV Has more (video may take a few minutes to load):
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 846 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 282 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 243 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 166 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 180 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 183 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- President Obama to speak on Oklahoma disaster
- Pigeon sale yields world record for feathered Bolt
- Burberry's profit hit by perfume deal's demise
- How the French economy compares to Germany's, UK's
- Housing recovery boosts Home Depot 1Q results
- Moscow blasts alleged vote theft at Eurovision
- Owner: Chinese boat's captain beaten by NKoreans
- Sprint to listen to Dish offer