Female Police Officer Disciplined After Slapping Fogel Family Murderer Across the Face
A female police officer interrogating one of the murderers of the Fogel family was so revolted by his “defiant” smile, she slapped him across the face. Just days ago, Amjad Awad, one of the two Palestinian cousins who murdered five members of the young Israeli family last March was sentenced to five life sentences. According to Israel’s Channel 2, which reported the incident exclusively [Hebrew link], killer Amjad Awad’s smile “from ear to ear” made the 52-year-old officer lose control:
A senior investigator with the Judea and Samaria police district could not control herself when she was faced with the Fogel family murderer smiling defiantly toward her during his interrogation – and slapped him. After that, she was sent to him in order to apologize. As a result of the incident, the female police officer was convicted by police court and was severely disciplined.
The investigator, who just last year was awarded outstanding police officer for her district, passed over Awad’s face during one of the interrogations and decided to slap him after he smiled – in her words – ‘defiantly’ at her. Right afterwards, she was taken to the interrogation room and apologized to him, as demanded by the murderer.
When the officer was brought to the police disciplinary court, she expressed regret for her actions and clarified that it was an uncontrollable impulse. It should be noted that this officer arrived at the family’s house on the night of the murder, entered the apartment and was exposed to the difficult sights at the scene. The disciplinary court did not take her into consideration and convicted her and sentenced her to a severe reprimand.
The Blaze spoke to the mayor of the town of Itamar in the Samaria region of the West Bank where the Fogel family lived. It was there that father Udi, mother Ruth, and children Yoav, 11, Elad, 4, and 3-month old Hadas were stabbed to death in their home, with the baby’s’ throat being slashed while she was in her crib.
Mayor Moshe Goldsmith saw the bloody crime scene himself and says, “When I walked into the house I couldn’t look at the bloodshed of the family and children. It was a nightmare a literal nightmare.”
“It’s absolutely ridiculous to reprimand her in any way with someone so evil and cruel to smile in a situation like that. It’s so insensitive and cruel on the part of the police to reprimand her in any way. We’re talking about the most cruel murderers that there could be.”
The Judea and Samaria police district defended its actions in a statement to Channel 2:
“Even though in this case the murderer carried out inhuman acts, and despite taking into account the difficult sights to which the police officer was exposed, the way she conducted herself was not in line with police values and therefore she was dealt with in a disciplinary level.”
Amjad, age 19, and his 18-year-old cousin, Hakim Awad, said they decided only two days before the killing to carry out the terrorist attack. In multiple court appearances, they repeatedly smiled, made V for victory signs and expressed no remorse for killing the Fogels. Hakim was already sentenced to five life sentences in October.
You can watch Channel 2′s report. Though in Hebrew, it shows the inside of the Fogel house and cousins arriving at court:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 322 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 250 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 192 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 104 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 126 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 142 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Official: Treasury played no role in IRS targeting
- Trial for captain in deadly shipwreck in Italy
- FBI: Man shot dead in Fla had become violent during questioning in Boston bombing case
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Target's 1Q profit drops 26 pct on weak sales
- House panel seeks to curb military sexual assaults
- 'GMA' host Roberts to write memoir about illness
- Vienna official: Looted Nazi goods returned