Does This Wacky New Political Ad Depict Obama as Capt. of a ‘Slave Ship?’
File this one under wackiest political advertisement ever made — or, at the least, one of the oddest to date. You may think that I’m being dramatic here, but take a moment to watch the 39-second clip called, “Turn This Ship Around,” that was recently created and released by the Mark Oxner campaign.
Oxner, a Republican, is hoping to win the District 27 congressional seat in Florida come November. His new video, which departs wildly from more issue-based campaign pleas, is turning heads for more reasons than one.
The bizarre ad takes place on a vessel that looks like pirate ship — but with some amenities. The New Times actually calls calls it a “slave ship.” While there’s no definitive way to determine that this is, indeed, intended to invoke images and themes related to slavery, footage of children rowing the massive boat with a voiceover that says “let’s not enslave our children with debt,” only add fuel to the fire.
Here’s a description from the Times that provides more details surrounding what Oxner’s ad depicts:
The 39-second ad appears to be set on a slave ship called the “U.S.S. Obamaboat,” which flies an upside-down American flag and is filled with a cast of characters that includes bailed-out bankers, health-care freeloaders, Guy Fawkes, corporate fat cats, and a blond woman in a bathtub who says “stimulated” in a way that made us vaguely uncomfortable.
Republican Congressional hopeful Mark Oxner’s new ad looks like it was directed by Tim and Eric, has throw-away attacks at Cialis and Anonymous, and features Barack Obama driving a ship off a waterfall.
The ad takes particular aim at former Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson, as it depicts him as a squawking bird (literally). Grayson is running against Oxner this November.
Watch the oddball ad, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 494 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 378 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 173 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 291 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Stocks end lower as investors reassess Fed worries
- NASA head views progress on asteroid lasso mission
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss, upbeat sales
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Body of 2nd child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- David Beckham bids au revoir to soccer
- Gap's 1st-quarter profits rises 43 percent
- Committee hits stretch run for NY-NJ Super Bowl