Megyn Kelly Guest Blasts ‘Black Mafia’ Over Jan Brewer ‘Racist’ Finger-Wagging Charges
The photo that captured a tense moment in time for Arizona Governor Jan Brewer and President Obama has been generating controversy ever since its release.
Now, there’s a new charge being leveled against Brewer as some members of the African American community — who “America Live” guest David Webb labeled as the “Black Mafia” — are labeling Brewer’s finger-wagging gesture as “racist.” These “mafia” members, according to Webb, include Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and radio host Joe Madison.
Last week Madison, in reference to the Brewer-Obama incident, said, “There’s some people, not all, in this country who cannot stand the fact that this is an African American, who is now one of the most powerful individuals on the planet.”
To debate these charges, Jehmu Greene joined Webb and Megyn Kelly.
For his part, Webb sharply criticized those who invoke the “racist” epithet, “Did Jan Brewer’s finger,” he asked, “have the N-word written on it? Maybe that would’ve made it racist. Or is this a case where the President and his acolytes need to call out the ‘Black Mafia’ — which is what they are — to turn it into racism?”
Greene conceded that a charge of racism might be going too far, but posited that people are missing the bigger issue, which is what he considers Brewer’s display of disrespect for the president. “Would she or any governor approach a president in that manner if he was a white man?” Greene asked.
Webb acknowledged that it’s impolite to point but said, “Is this a case where the president and his acolytes need to call out the ‘black mafia,’ which is what they are, to turn it into racism?”
He added that the “black mafia” would be better served investigating other incidents of racism such as the ones coming out of the Occupy movement.
Watch the heated debate below via Fox News:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 158 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 227 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 101 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea
- Under scrutiny, Va. gov's mansion a dichotomy
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan