Miss Piggy Attacks Fox News During Muppets News Conference in London
During the golden age of cable news, Youtube, social media and what some would call a general lack of political civility, the traditionally family friendly Muppets were thrown into the public arena last December. At the release of their most recent film “The Muppets,” critics alleged that the franchise had been hijacked to forward a partisan, anti-business agenda.
“We’re teaching our kids class warfare!” Fox New’s Eric Bolling infamously said of the film on December 2, in the midst of the Occupy Wall Street movement. “Where are we, communist China?”
The comment was in reference to the film’s villain, Tex Richman, an evil oil baron.
Bolling’s remarks quickly went viral, leading the film’s director to speak out a week later to denounce claims that his film was spreading a communist, anti-capitalist message.
“It’s a very strange turn of events to hear a question like that,” director James Bobin told the Hollywood Reporter . “”No, the Muppets are not communist.”
“The Muppets” received strong reviews and has grossed more than $87 million at the box office since its Thanksgiving release, with the minor controversy seeming to be all but forgotten.
The film’s stars lashed out at Bolling and his network while taking questions at a London press conference Thursday to promote the film’s UK release.
“It’s a funny thing, they were concerned about us having some prejudice against oil companies,” said Kermit D. Frog. “I can tell you that’s categorically not true. And besides, if we had a problem with oil companies why would we have spent the entire film driving around in a gas-guzzling Rolls-Royce?”
“It’s almost as laughable as, ahhh…accusing Fox News as…you know, being news!” Miss Piggy interjected over laughter from the press in attendance.
Kermit quickly assessed how Miss Piggy’s comment would enflame the Muppets ongoing tiff with the network:
“That’s going to be all over the internet!”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 567 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 488 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 352 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 261 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 244 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 144 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Sanabia : I didn't know spitter was against rules
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Report: Yahoo, pay-TV operators among Hulu bidders
- Bayern faces Dortmund in Champions League final