Beck on Faith Fight: ‘We Are Battling for the Very Soul of Each of Us & Our Nation’
If you watched Glenn Beck on GBTV last night, you were treated to an intriguing, hour-long discussion about faith and values.
In addition to sharing his personal faith journey, Beck delved into important issues involving religious freedom. The conversation was mainly focused upon the battle that is raging between Catholics and the Obama administration over contraception and sterilization mandates.
“Catholics should be awake today. Catholic colleges and Catholic hospitals and other Christian institutions are now going to be forced to violate their own belief system,” Beck said. ”The churches are under assault and the Catholics are just the first.”
Of the events that are unfolding, Beck highlighted his belief that there’s more than mere political arguments taking form.
“It’s spiritual warfare being waged by the forces of darkness — evil exists,” he said.
Below, see a clip from this discussion:
Following this, Beck brought together Catholic League president Bill Donohue, Rabbi Daniel Lapin of the American Alliance of Jews and Christians, and Pastor Robert Morris of Gateway Church in Texas, to discuss the issues surrounding the contraceptive mandate.
Donohue heralded the strong and unified response coming from the Catholic parishioners and leaders. He spoke specifically about the anti-Obama mandate letter that churches across the country read and distributed to members over the weekend.
“In terms of a uniform collective voice, I’ve never heard anything quite this strong,” Donohue explained. “[Church leaders are] imploring Catholics to get involved at every level…This was a public call to arms.”
Morris, an evangelical, explained how these new health care rules will impact every Christian denomination.
“It effects me because we have the same belief [as Catholics] about the right to life,” he said. “We don’t believe in any way, shape or form that the government should tell us that life begins at birth…”
Lapin, too, discussed these elements, while reiterating his pledge to offer Jewish support to the Christian cause.
“It has to be recognized as an act of savage anti-religious bigotry and…most of us Jews are not tribalistic. It’s not as if we only get worked up when assaults against Judaism take place…,” Lapin said. “I call and will, during the course of the rest of this week, be calling on American Jews to protest, in the most vigorous terms, this act of unprecedented anti-Christian bigotry on the part of the administration.”
See the discussion among these faith leaders, below:
Prior to this discussion, the show opened with Beck talking about the importance of God, while highlighting his own personal faith journey.
“I want you to know that I am a guy that a lot of people have a hard time listening to me when it comes to God, because I’m a guy who screwed up my whole life…,” he said.
Beck described going to church as a child and, despite challenges and questioning later in life, the intense personal relationship he has with the Almighty. This journey, he admits, was characterized by a great deal of questioning and searching that “seemed futile.” But, in the end, Beck changed his life and found the answers he had been searching for.
“[My journey] allowed me to have a personal relationship with God and I think that’s important because that’s the way God speaks to people,” Beck said. “He talks to you about your life and me about my life.”
“I can stand here and tell you with absolute certitude that God lives, God cares, God is involved in our life. I know it,” he continued. ”We are not battling for the next election, we’re battling for the very soul of each of us and of our nation.”
Watch Beck discuss his personal faith journey, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 524 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 485 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 466 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 325 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 115 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 123 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 131 Comments
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Delta ups the ante in battle for NY travel market
- Man charged with stalking Jennifer Lawrence's kin
- A-Rod sells Miami Beach home for $30M
- Snooki: NJ Gov Christie 'just doesn't like us'