Exclusive: Sen. Jim DeMint Calls for AG Holder’s Resignation on GBTV’s ‘Real News’
Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) on Wednesday officially joined the chorus of GOP members calling for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign.
DeMint, a Tea Party favorite, appeared on GBTV’s “Real News from The Blaze” and said he has lost confidence in Holder amid the ongoing congressional investigation into Operation Fast and Furious.
DeMint spokesman Wesley Denton confirmed to The Blaze Thursday this is the first time DeMint has publicly called for the attorney general to step down.
“I have lost confidence because there are a lot of things that have happened, his raid on Gibson Guitar, like they were a bunch of criminals, I mean — these things, in addition to just the botched Fast and Furious. Some of the lawsuits against our state and what they’ve done in this administration, aside from just the Justice Department, like the NLRB attacking Boeing in South Carolina, and that’s affiliated with the whole justice perspective of this administration,” DeMint said.
“I don’t have very much confidence that we can get justice out of this Justice Department,” he said.
“So are you prepared to call for his resignation?” GBTV’s Amy Holmes asked.
“I think I already have,” DeMint answered.
Watch DeMint’s full “Real News from The Blaze” appearance:
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 255 Comments
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 230 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 173 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 100 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 120 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 139 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters
- Target's 1Q profit drops 26 pct on weak sales
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Irishman charged with 1982 IRA Hyde Park bombing
- GOP questions IRS scrutiny of anti-abortion groups
- Oil stays near $96 before crude stocks report, Fed
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, but results miss Street
- AP Interview: Rogge cites need for targeted tests