See Christian Students Slamming Vanderbilt’s Religious Crackdown: ‘They’re…Asking Us to Deny Our Faith’
Some professors and pupils at Vanderbilt University are fighting diligently against the university’s crack-down on campus religious groups. While the school’s administration has shown no sign of backing down, neither have individual students and campus groups who feel their religious rights are being trampled.
The Vanderbilt College Republicans have produced a new video (viewable on the “Restore Religious Freedom at Vanderbilt” web site) that showcases student reaction to the university’s non-discrimination rules — regulations that forbid student clubs from requiring leaders to hold specific beliefs.
The clip opens with individual students discussing, one-by-one, the nation’s history of religious freedom. They go on to utter the first portion of the First Amendment — “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,” while reiterating the Founding Fathers’ words about faith.
“Our new so-called non-discrimination policy threatens to destroy the integrity of each of our religious organizations,” one student proclaims.
“With this policy, Vanderbilt is going somewhere where no other university has gone before,” says another student.
“What are they thinking?,” numerous students ask, as another chimes in to encourage viewers to get involved. “We call on the chancellor to stop this nonsense,” he says.
Watch the video, below:
In another video, the students raise a series of very important questions surrounding the college’s opposition to the crackdown. “They’re actually asking us to deny our faith,” one student says:
It seems the students at Vanderbilt aren’t satisfied with the answers they’ve been given. This is one battle that doesn’t have a foreseeable end in sight.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 465 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 372 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 331 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 110 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 213 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 106 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 108 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Cannes crime: 2nd jewel theft during film festival
- James, Bryant voted to All-NBA first team
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Israel says Iran unaffected by world pressure
- House backs variable rate student loans
- Obama condemns 'appalling attack' on UK soldier