What Was the Mysterious, Explosion-Like Light Coming From a Russian Power Plant?
Here’s the scene: You’re driving along listening to John Lennon’s “Imagine” enjoying your routine commute when a huge flash brightens up the darkened sky ahead of you. That’s just what some Russian commuters caught sight of recently.
Check out this video of the Russian power plant just outside of St. Petersburg lighting up the sky:
The flashes at the plant, which is operated by Lenenergo according to Now Public, last for five impressive seconds. Here is a sequence of screenshots before, during and after the incident:
Is anyone else amazed at 1) the calm/lack of reaction by the car’s driver (perhaps it was the soundtrack) and 2) how long it took for cars to start breaking in stunned amazement?
Here’s the blast from another angle:
RT reports that no one was hurt in the event, which was caused by a “technical malfunction” and resulted in a temporary blackout in the area. The blast of light appears to be caused by an explosion but sources have not confirmed this.
Update: Tony, a Blaze reader who has been in the industry for 20 years, suggests the blast could be from the malfunction of a power transformer, or other piece of high-voltage equipment.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 441 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 397 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 339 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 316 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 267 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 166 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 100 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off Her New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 122 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Suspected rebels kill 17, wound 24 in east India
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Ore. teen accused of planning to attack school
- NYPD investigating actress Bynes allegations
- AP PHOTOS: Bayern beats Dortmund 2-1 in final
- Mo. highway buckles after rail cars hit overpass
- Tornado victims include animal lover, man in truck
- NTSB: Bridge collapse in Wash. is wake-up call