Want to See Rep. Allen West Rip ‘Think Progress’?
While giving a President’s Day speech in Boca Raton, FL, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) took the opportunity to dress down writers at both Think Progress and the Huffington Post.
The Congressman related a story to his audience about the time one of his staff members introduced him to a Think Progress article titled “Rep. Allen West’s 15 Most Outrageous Statements.”
“So, I go around and there’s a website she has up,” Rep. West explains, “And it was hilarious!”
Why is it “hilarious”? Rep. West explains:
There are people out there on the other side that are actually tracking every little single thing I say. And they had the top ten things that Allen West is saying. And you know? It really started to look like a bunch of whiners: “He said nuts!” “He said he doesn’t want a liberal message in America!” “He said…”
What I can’t understand for the life of me is how people on the other side can certainly dish it out, but when you stand up on principle, when you tell them what you believe in, they can’t take it! They act offended and they act hurt.
Rep. West’s remarks were met with cheers and applause.
“So, I know that whatever I say tonight is going to show up somewhere,” the Congressman said with a smirk, “and I know that the Huffington Post will be going, you know, apoplectic tomorrow from whatever comes out of my mouth.”
Watch Rep. West poke a little fun via Shark Tank:
“It’s vintage Allen West delivering another funny dressing down of his adversaries in the press,” writes Javier Manjarres of the Shark Tank.
Of course, writers at Think Progress weren’t amused and they responded predictably enough to the Congressman’s remarks.
“Ironically, while calling us ‘whiners,’ it’s West who seems to be overly sensitive about a story that simply presents 15 of his own quotes,” writes Zachary Bernstein.
“The fact remains that West has a habit of making divisive and irresponsible statements about his political opponents and/or minority groups. Among quotes that we didn’t include in our original list, West has called Obama ‘a low-level socialist agitator,’ has called prominent black leaders the ‘overseers of a 21st century plantation,’ and said that advocates for the DREAM Act are ‘almost treasonous,’” Berstein adds.
The Think Progress article concludes by vowing to “track every little single thing” Rep. West says so long as he continues “to campaign on this record of hate.”
Well, then. If being “divisive” and “irresponsible” are what prompts Think Progress to “track” politicians, they might want to take a look at some others.
How about the guy who called on voters to “punish our enemies?” That was “divisive,” wasn’t it? Or how about the guy who publicly insulted, say, the Cambridge police without actually knowing the full story? That was “irresponsible,” wasn’t it? Or maybe – just maybe — Think Progress could roundly criticize the person who called GOP leaders “demons.” That’s “divisive,” right?
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 966 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 418 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 370 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 280 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 255 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 115 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 167 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Report: More Benghazi whistleblowers to come forward?
- At last: 'Arrested' is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Arias speaks on own behalf as jury considers death
- Jodi Arias addresses jury in penalty phase of trial as panel considers life or death sentence
- 2 Moroccans tried for homosexuality get 4 months
- Warsaw ghetto insurgent Boruch Spiegel dies at 93
- Court strikes down Arizona 20-week abortion ban
- Senate debating federal dollars for crop insurance
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival