‘Taxpayers Are the Pimps’: Beck and Limbaugh Slam Georgetown Co-ed for Wanting Government-Sponsored Birth Control
Following Georgetown Law Student Sandra Fluke’s controversial testimony about the alleged cost of birth control, conservative talk radio hosts Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh have been having a field day. Specifically, they take issue with the piece of Ms. Fluke’s testimony where she claims birth control can cost over $3000 over the course of law school — a claim which would only be true if a particular student had sex at least three times in a single day using condoms.
Glenn’s epic reaction can be seen below. Highlights of the segment also follow. Caution, some stronger language is used:
“Who are we to say that’s skanky…? Good for you. It should all be paid for by us,” Pat joked.
“You want to have sex 21 times a week, go ahead. I don’t care,” Glenn said. “You should have to pay for (the condoms).”[...]
“She wants more public money to have a lot of sex,” Pat said.
Also, in reaction to Fluke’s claim that a friend had felt “powerless” upon learning that her insurance policy didn’t cover contraception at the pharmacy counter, Glenn reacted with outraged incredulity, mimicking a store-wide announcement on the subject to demonstrate the absurdity. “She’s standing there, first time. ‘Attention, shoppers. This skank cannot have contraception.’” Pat chimed in, “Sl*t in aisle 4. Sl*t in aisle 4.”
Rush Limbaugh, meanwhile, went right for the jugular in his segment on the testimony:
“What does it say about the college co-ed Susan (sic) Fluke who goes before a Congressional committee and says she must be paid to have sex?” Rush thundered. “What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex, she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We’re the pimps.”
Rush later backpedaled on this metaphor, joking that Fluke wasn’t a slut, but was “round heeled,” after all.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 497 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 479 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 383 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 319 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 183 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 314 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 126 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More