Armored Truck Shooting Update: Suspect Stashed $20K at Grandmother’s Grave, Manhunt Continues
The manhunt continues for Kenneth Konias Jr., a 22-year armored truck driver who, police say, shot his partner and fled with $2.3 million dollars. And although authorities have kept silent about the murder and the missing cash, new information regarding Konias’ disappearance has come to light.
Of the missing $2.3 million, Konias left behind more than $200,000 for his family, according to news sources. Konias called his mother after he allegedly shot Michael Haines, 31, and told her she should “go see grandma.” Sources say that the 22-year old stashed $20,000 at his grandmother’s grave and left another $200,000 at his parent’s house.
Watch the news update (via redlasso):
Police say they found Haines’ body in the back of the armored vehicle, which was idling under a bridge in Pittsburghs’ Strip District, The Blaze reported last week.
“This is a premeditated murder,” Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala said last week. “Our belief is that he planned to rob the company and if he had to kill the guard then he planned to do that. He shot the guy from close range in the back of the head to accomplish the robbery. That’s pretty cold.”
Apparently, Konias’ mother wasn’t the only person he called after he allegedly shot Haines. He also called a friend, according to the criminal complaint.
“What? Did you kill someone?” the friend asked.
“Yes,” Konias answered, adding that he had enough cash to live on for the rest of his life. Apparently, Konias also asked his friend about extradition laws in both Canada and Mexico.
The armored truck company that employed both Haines and Konias, Garda Cash Logistics, is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to Konias’ arrest.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 590 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 390 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 321 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 275 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4