‘Clusterf**k’ & ‘Mass Cult’: See the Epic Compilation of Atheist Interviews from the Reason Rally
Do you really want to know what atheists think about Christianity in America? How about President Obama’s handling of faith issues? In our new video compilation, “This Is What an Atheist Looks Like!,” we’ll show you, in non-believers’ own words, what they think about the concept of God, Christianity, their role in the political system and plenty more.
As we’ve reported, over the weekend thousands of non-theists graced Washington, D.C. with a fierce and boisterous presence. The Blaze was on hand to bring you the inside scoop. Along the way, we met anti-religious persons of all stripes at a secular lobbying training event and during the Reason Rally.
From insanely inappropriate language about faith and religion to respectful disagreement, the “freethinkers” we encountered were diverse in terms of tactics and tone. Their main points of agreement with one another? There’s no God, no afterlife and absolutely no room for belief in the “supernatural.”
We decided to ask numerous leaders in the atheist movement and Reason Rally attendees four key questions:
- What brings you to Reason Rally?
- If you could deliver any message to Christians in America, what would it be?
- If you could condense Christianity into one or two words, what would they be?
- How has President Barack Obama handled the secular community in America?
From insightful to down-right-bizarre, the atheistic responses we gathered were intriguing to say the least. One woman said, ”Get your religion out of my girl panties.” Another claimed that Christianity can best be framed as “ignorant.” James Randi, a well-known magician and one of the event speakers, told The Blaze that Christians should “grow up” and that any religious person is essentially living in the “14th century.”
Here are a few of the other labels given to Christianity: “Irrational,” “false dogma,” “mass cult,” “anti-intellectualism,” “popular,” “clusterf**k,” “authoritarian,” “paternalistic” and “overwhelmingly fundamentalist.”
Watch the hilarity in “This Is What an Atheist Looks Like!,” below:
The Blaze’s Benny Johnson contributed to this report.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 532 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 458 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 344 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- Bronx 'ghetto' tours stop amid residents' outrage
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- 25 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 3 more arrested
- Report: Rafsanjani blasts Iran's rulers