Limbaugh Advertiser Accuses Boycotters of ‘Terrorism’ for Targeting His Company: ‘Hissyfitters’
In a dramatic segment on Megyn Kelley’s show, Rush Limbaugh advertiser Mark Stevens — founder of marketing firm MSCO — blasted protesters of Limbaugh’s show for effectively committing acts of “internal American terrorism” against his employees and company.
Despite not agreeing with Limbaugh’s comments about Sandra Fluke, Stevens says he and his employees have been targeted with threats, possibly even including death threats, as well as harassment and abuse via phone and email.
“They’ve called my people and my company, they’ve called the women at my company, and told them they’re women haters, the most horrible terms,” Stevens said. “They’ve told me — these are tens of thousands of emails, by the way, most of them are positive but the small group — they’ve told us that we’re under surveillance. The email subject line says ‘citizen of the internet,’ ‘police of the Internet,’ ‘Mark, you’re in danger,’ ‘your house is going to be surrounded by buses,’ ‘your business is going to be destroyed,’ ‘your people are in trouble.’ This is terrorism. Why don’t we start calling it what it is?”
Limbaugh himself recently lent support to Stevens on his show, fingering the group Media Matters as the one responsible for the “boycott” on his show, which has spilt over onto Stevens’ business.
While Stevens himself hasn’t named names regarding who his critics are, neither did he dispute Rush’s account. Nor did Stevens say he was frightened of the prospect of protests, even outside his house.
“Let them come,” Stevens said. “Something is going on here that has to be addressed because the country’s at risk. If I can’t advertise where I want to advertise, my business, because of a small group of people who – you can tell, because the vast majority of the emails are in support of us, Rush, the constitution, the American way – a small portion of people, that I call the hissyfitters, who are like children. When my kids were little, they used to go on a screaming fit, and they lay down on the floor and slapped their hands on the floor. My wife and I had a choice, whether to give them an ice cream cone or make them go to their room. Too much of what’s going on in America right now is we’re giving these hissyfitters an ice cream cone. We have to stop it, and I’m not afraid, and bring on the buses.”
Watch the appearance below:
Stevens says he plans to advertise more heavily, stand his ground, and give no quarter to his opponents.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 396 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner