South Park Spoofs GOP Presidential Debates With Mysterious ‘Faith Hilling’ & ‘Evolution’ Episode
South Park is known for pushing the envelope when it comes to the show’s take on pop culture, faith and politics.
That’s why this week’s upcoming episode, which is shrouded in mystery, is causing a mixture of anticipation and head-scratching. In an official press release describing episode 1603, we’re told that the cartoon will spoof the GOP debates, while taking on the issue of evolution and “Faith Hilling.”
The release reads:
The boys are consumed with a life-threatening phenomenon in an all-new episode of “South Park” titled, “Faith Hilling,” premiering Wednesday, March 28 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.
Mankind’s evolution begins to accelerate at a rapid and disturbing pace. Concurrently, another species on the planet is exhibiting the same drastic development. Eventually the two species will battle to the death and “Faith Hilling” may be humanity’s only hope.
Clearly, there are some questions to consider. To begin, why are the characters undergoing a bizarrely fast evolutionary rate? Also, which other “species” is experiencing “drastic development?” And above all else, what in the world is “Faith Hilling?” As for the last question, one can’t help but wonder if country singer Faith Hill or religion (i.e. faith healing) will be at play. The issue of evolution, of course, will likely be a portion of the show’s antic’s as well.
While some of these questions are currently unanswered, viewers can be certain that they’ll be in store for some humor aimed at Republican presidential candidates. A preview of the episode shows cartoon versions of Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Ron Paul debating on a variety of issues. And it seems the audio actually comes from real-life statements the candidates have made.
Watch a preview of this week’s show, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 553 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 504 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 477 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 326 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 210 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 221 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 140 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Schumer urges look at security in Sprint deal
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Furlough Friday: Unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
- Stocks barely budge; market ends week with loss
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Principal recounts storm hitting Okla. school