Does George Zimmerman Appear Unscathed in New Police Video?
Tonight, CNN’s Anderson Cooper aired a clip of George Zimmerman, the man who shot Trayvon Martin, being escorted into the Sandford police station in handcuffs. The video was originally obtained by ABC News, and raises some questions about the account Zimmerman gave of the night he shot Martin.
Zimmerman’s attorney had stated that he believed Trayvon Martin broke Zimmerman’s nose. Yet, as Cooper notes in the video, there is no sign in the video of any physical injury to the portion of Zimmerman’s face that is shown, which includes his nose.
However, as Cooper also notes, the officer continues to glance at the back of Zimmerman’s head. The head wound Zimmerman was supposed to have suffered beyond his alleged broken nose would have been on the back of his head, even though the camera quality is too poor to make out exactly what the back of Zimmerman’s head looks like. The officers also rub something off Zimmerman’s jacket, which Cooper speculates might be blood, but is impossible to make out, again due to camera quality.
Nevertheless, the account that Zimmerman’s lawyer has since given of his actions does appear to be embellished, based on this tape. Zimmerman also appears more physically fit than previously disseminated photos of him suggest. Watch the clip from Cooper’s show below, and see what you make of the depiction of Zimmerman:
George Zimmerman’s father has now stepped forward to speak with Orlando television station WOFL-TV:
LAKE MARY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) – For the first time since that fateful night on February 26, the father of a neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager sat down for a television interview.
Robert Zimmerman, father of George Zimmerman, said he decided it was time to speak out for his son, against the advice of others. He shared with us what George said happened on the night that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin died.
“It’s my understanding that Trayvon Martin got on top of him and just started beating him,” the 64-year-old Robert Zimmerman said.
And some bloggers are noting possible signs of injury to Zimmerman in the video. The DC points to a possible mark
on the back of Zimmerman’s head:
Fox News host Sean Hannity also stressed that Zimmerman had already been treated by paramedics prior to his arrival at the police station:
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 469 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 442 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 352 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 326 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 172 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 101 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Blake Shelton putting together Okla. benefit show
- 2 infants among 10 kids killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library
- House Republicans promote 20-week abortion ban
- Sathwik Karnik wins National Geographic Bee
- North Korean leader sends special envoy to China
- 'BOOM TOWN BABY': African stock markets see gains
- Russian drunk driver who killed orphans sentenced