Ann Coulter: Marco Rubio Shouldn’t Be Vice-President in 2012
Ann Coulter has never been known for spewing incessant niceties. The famed conservative political commentator is an outspoken voice in the conservative movement and she isn’t afraid to offend nor is she coy when it comes to disagreeing with her fellow talking heads.
In an interview on Monday night with FOX News’ Bill O’Reilly, Coulter doubled down on her belief that Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) should not be the 2012 vice-presidential candidate.
Following Rubio’s endorsement of GOP front-runner Mitt Romney and speculation that he may, indeed, be among candidates being considered for the vice-presidential slot, Coulter had some advice for the Florida politician. In a back-and-forth with O’Reilly, she said that Rubio should “keep doing what he’s doing.” Rather than seeking an executive-level spot, Coulter believes it would be prudent for the senator to wait eight years to run for president himself.
In addition to claiming that she doesn’t believe 2012 is an appropriate year for Rubio to seek nation’s second-in-command spot, Coulter reiterated her belief that Romney will win in November. Additionally, she said that the presidential candidate doesn’t need Rubio to take Florida.
Coulter and O’Reilly disagreed over Rubio’s usefulness as a Hispanic candidate running on the Republican ticket. While O’Reilly seems to believe he would be a benefit to the party, Coulter stated her stance against putting Rubio up simply because of his Cuban background.
“If we’re only picking Rubio because he’s a Hispanic, I’m just opposed to that on principle,” Coulter said. “The pandering…any Hispanic who’s going to vote for a ticket just because there’s a Hispanic on the ticket isn’t going to vote for a Republican anyway.”
While some may take these comments to mean that the commentator doesn’t particularly like Rubio, she claims this isn’t the case and that she “loves” the politician. However, his youth is a major factor that seems to play into her statements against his vice-presidential consideration.
Instead, Coulter explains that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie or Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl would be better options in 2012.
Watch the dialogue, below:
(H/T: FOX News Insider)
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 376 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 165 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 279 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 119 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 120 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' deaths
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Council members abstain from vote on abstaining
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- Big stores nix credit card settlement, file suit
- Distraught mom becomes face of Oklahoma storm
- IMF chief Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes