‘Whale at the Wall’: NY Post Makes Fat Jokes In Story About Chris Christie’s Trip to Israel
Numerous media outlets have covered New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s first overseas trip to Israel. But among the many headlines, one distinguishes itself as particularly snarky and — offensive.
It’s no secret that Christie has struggled with his weight (he addressed the issue in an interview with Oprah Winfrey not long ago). In making numerous jabs about the governor’s visit to Israel and the Wailing Wall, in particular, The New York Post titled its story, “The Whale at the Wall.”
While many were consumed with questions surrounding what the trip would mean for Christie’s political career, it seems Carl Campanile of the Post, was more interested in penning quips about the governor’s weight. A look at the first two paragraphs of the story provides other corroboratory evidence (emphasis added):
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie made a huge impression at Israel’s Western Wall yesterday during his first official overseas trip as head of the Garden State.
Christie, wearing a yarmulke with his name and title embroidered on it, brought his political heft to the holiest Jewish site in Jerusalem, where he laid his hands on the rough-hewn stone, his eyes shut in prayer.
Also, let’s not forget the sub-header, which reads, “Christie weighs in at Israel holy site.”
Of course, the story did go on to provide pertinent information about the trip and the potential political impact it could have on Christie’s career moving forward. But one cannot help but wonder why numerous jabs about his weight were thrown into the article’s content and header, as it seems like an odd inclusion in a seemingly hard-news story.
(H/T: Business Insider)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 387 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 115 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 110 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Berlusconi looms large in Rome mayor election
- Suicide bomber kills 3 in northwest Pakistan
- Nadal could get Djokovic in French Open semifinals
- Oil falls below $94 on weak outlook for demand
- Williams to face Tatishvili in 1st round of French
- Kid Rock, Rolling Stones on scalping, summer tours
- 'No guarantee of peace,' NKorean envoy warns China
- Brewers team up on beer to help military families