‘Fair Share’: Celebrities Called Out by IRS for Owing Millions in Unpaid Income Taxes
California tax authorities revealed the state’s 500 biggest income tax delinquents Friday, and a surprising number of celebrities made the list.
Pamela Anderson, the “Baywatch” star, reportedly owes $524,241 in unpaid taxes, and Lionel Richie owes $1.1 million.
CNET co-founder Halsey Minor and his wife owe $10.5 million, while the founder of “Girls Gone Wild” Joe Francis owes $794,000.
Similarly, actor Nick Cassavetes and boxer James Toney seemingly owe $273,000 and $354,000, respectively.
The 500 delinquents owe nearly $233 million collectively, according to the IRS, prompting the California tax board to scold: “When taxpayers do not pay their fair share, it places an unfair burden on those who do.”
The news follows the president’s campaign to raise taxes on those earning over $1 million in what is being deemed the “Buffet Rule,” after the billionaire who reportedly wants his taxes raised.
The White House website even allows viewers to “find out how many millionaires pay a lower effective tax rate than you.” Looks like a few of the president’s millionaire supporters didn’t get the memo!
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 591 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 392 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 322 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 278 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals