‘Hits a Raw Nerve’: Mother Outraged After Kindergartner Forced to Sit in Class With Poopy Pants
A Missouri mother is seeking school policy reform after her kindergartner had an accident in class and was humiliatingly forced to sit in her own waste for an extended duration of time.
The 6-year-old daughter of Lisa Skidmore from Washburn was in class where the teacher had given students an opportunity to use the restroom before a testing period during which they would not be able to leave the room. While the test was in session, the little girl said she had to go but teacher said no. Unfortunately, she couldn’t hold it long enough and pooped her pants.
Watch the KY3 report:
Skidmore said when she picked up her daughter, she still was covered in diarrhea. Skidmore said the teacher didn’t excused her daughter from the class nor did she clean her up. The little girl was forced to wait out the testing period and for her mother to come get her. In some act of benevolence, the teacher did provide the child with a plastic trash bag to wrap around herself.
“You don’t even treat a dog that way,” Skidmore said disgusted with how the situation was handeled.
The girl’s father said, “If any parent sent their kid to school with crappy pants, those parents would be facing with criminal charges. I believe that with all my heart.”
Although the family is not pressing charges, they are seeking some reform on the school’s part for when a child expresses an emergency bathroom situation. The superintendent of the school told KY3 that he disagreed with how the situation was handled and has expressed to teachers how incidents such as this should be taken care of — or prevented — in the future.
The news anchor explained the school was in the process of taking a state standardized test when the incident occurred. Although the testing did not apply to children at this level, the kindergarten teacher was holding to the strict testing guidelines to prepare the children for what they would be met with in the future.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 396 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 289 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Kuchar leads Colonial without finishing 2nd round
- Penguins oust Sens in five, reach Eastern finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 away from Heat in Miami, 97-93