Van Jones Unloads: Conservatives Want ‘Slavery, Segregation, Children in Factories’ & Working at Walmart & McDonald’s As Bad As ‘Selling Drugs’ (Plus – Beck Is a ‘Hater’)
Van Jones remains a lightning rod of controversy since his disgraced departure from the White House.
You might remember a few weeks back in a Blaze story where Jones lashed out at Libertarians:
“They say they’re Patriots but they hate everybody in America who looks like us. They say they love America but they hate the people, the brown folk, the gays, the lesbians, the people with piercings, ya know ya’ll.”
Jones has since walked back this statement but this week added new fuel to the fire.
In an interview on April 17th with allhiphop.com, Obama’s Former Green Energy Czar takes vicious stabs at Conservatives and working class people alike.
In discussing his vision of a utopian economy, Jones made sure to note that anyone who works in factories, fast food industry or Walmart were essentially as bad as drug dealers.
“I started to figure out where are the jobs I can respect, because if you’re out in the neighborhood, and you’re causing problems, and then you know we get you a job and you’re working for a factory that’s polluting everybody, you’re still causing problems! Just cause you’re doing it on the legitimate side doesn’t mean that those kids getting cancer and asthma cause of you are any less sick or dead than the ones you were selling drugs to on the illegitimate side. So, we gotta be consistent.”
“Green jobs [where we're putting our people to work] in healthy industries- organic foods, solar panels, weatherizing homes, helping people be healthy. I said I want more work, more wealth, and better health in our communities. The way you get that is not with pollution-based jobs, not having people working at McDonald’s or Wendy’s selling food that’s not good, not working at Walmart where the people who made those products overseas are being oppressed, but having something that you can say 360 degrees is healthy and positive.”
On the topic of his political theory, Jones took no time blaming conservatives for many immense wrongs in Americas past.
“You always have some Americans that, they don’t want to go forward. ‘We like slavery,’ or ‘we like segregation,’ or ‘we like women not voting,’ or ‘we like the environment being destroyed, we like workers having no rights, we like children in factories…’And they want to conserve, ahem, conserve, ahem, conserve the old ways.
Jones then vaulted the role of progressives and their inevitable victories.
“And then you have people who say ‘no, we can be a better country than this,’ let’s progress, ahem, let’s progress beyond those old hateful ways. And so that’s always been a debate and a divide, but you know the people who are trying to make America progress always win in the end.”
Jones than lashed out at Glenn Beck and the late Andrew Breitbart.
“You have these people out there like Glenn Beck and we have the late Andrew Breitbart, who will take a half of a fact and a half of a fact, and half of a lie and mix it up together and sell it to you. And you know a lot of these haters actually think I’m like a 9/11 truther and a felon and all this type of stuff. And you can go and see it’s not true, but in their little information bubble the facts haven’t…they’re still tricked. It’s like they live in Ashton Kutcher world. You know what I mean? They’ve just been “punked” and they don’t know it.
Perhaps the greatest irony of these new incendiary statements is that they are made on the coattails of Jones peddling his new book, Rebuild The Dream. The book is self described as:
‘Building an America that delivers on its promise of opportunity for all.’
Painting Conservatives as slave masters, working class people as drug dealers and libertarians as bigots does not help promote that inclusive message. Painting with such a broad brush led to Jones having to make numerous revisions to his statements over the last few weeks. We may be due for round two.
Carousel image courtesy of Shutterstock.com.
The Blaze’s Erica Ritz contributed to this report.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 592 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 393 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 337 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 328 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 286 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan