Beck Delivers Rousing Church Speech: ‘Put on the Full Armor of God’ & Get America ‘Back Into the Right Direction’
Glenn Beck took the stage twice on Sunday at Skyline Church in La Mesa, California, where he gave a rousing speech about the state of American politics and what Americans should be doing to change it. At the center of his message was the notion that America must get back on track — a central tenet that he drove home to the nearly 2,000 people who packed the church to hear his address. The popular commentator, who was joined by televangelist James Robison and Pastor Jim Garlow, spoke at 2 p.m. and again at 4 p.m.
“They’re trying to divide us in every way. They’re poking at us. They need you to stand up and to be angry,” he said of the American left. “And there are times that I, for one, am angry…Every day I get up and my job is to look at the news of the world. My job is to piece it together.”
Beck said that he gets up every morning to start the day with prayer, but that it is often difficult to be faced with the news of the day — news that is overwhelmingly tragic and horrific. Despite these challenges, the radio and television host told the audience that America has reached a dire crossroads and that it’s time to take action.
“It’s line in the sand time. Our back is up against the wall and there’s no place to go,” Beck proclaimed. “We can’t give anymore without losing everything we are.”
“We either go back into the right direction, and that’s not the George Bush years, that’s the George Washington years,” UT San Diego quoted Beck as telling the crowd. “Or we go and fundamentally complete the transformation.”
Beck went on to encourage, as he has numerous times before, people of various faiths to come together in an effort to protect religious freedom. Additionally, he told them to stand up for their faith without hate.
“Prepare yourself,” he told the crowd. “Put on the full armor of God. Because the battle is already raging and it is time for the servants of the Lord — of all faiths — to stand together and stand ready to love and do exactly what he tells us to do because, in the end, we win. We win.”
Coming together, he reiterated, has nothing to do with mixing theological ideals and everything to do with standing up for what’s right, while reinforcing tenets pertaining to religious freedom.
“We’re not supposed to mix our theology,” he said. “We’re just supposed to get along.”
Watch video from Beck’s 4 p.m. appearance, below:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 424 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 386 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 115 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Czech police say US suspect in 4 murders arrested
- Ugandan president removes army chief amid dispute
- German business confidence unexpectedly rebounds
- Glitzy amfAR raises $25 million, goes to space
- Foreign preacher takes rare turn on Vietnam stage
- Obama's drone speech welcomed in Pakistan, Yemen
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- JC Chandor gains a Cannes hit with 'All Is Lost'