Obama Praises His Own Admin for Saving ‘Countless Lives’ & Pledges to ‘Always Be There for Israel’
President Obama made sure to praise his own administration during a somber speech at the U.S. Holocaust Museum on Monday — a speech that also included references to genocide, Syria, and his claims to “always be there for Israel.” The leader of the free world said that it’s essential for the international community not allow the “seeds of hate” to take root again.
In addition to praising his administration for saving lives, he reiterated his support for Israel and announced new orders that will govern the treatment of regimes who violate their peoples’ rights.
As the Associated Press reports, the event was used as an opportunity for the president to outline a his plans to impose sanctions against foreign entities who use technology to crack down on citizens. The main targets of the executive order governing these new regulatory structures are Iran and Syria — two contemporary human rights violators.
National sovereignty, Obama said, is not a license to “slaughter your people.” The president made it clear that the United States, teamed with international partners, would not tolerate such behavior. You can read more about these sanctions and regulations here.
While the speech was widely focused upon grand human rights issues, Obama did take the time to praise his administration’s handling of global events over the past three years. In particular, he staked the claim that his administration has “saved countless lives.” In addition to addressing the Holocaust, he also spoke of the modern-day mass murders that have taken place in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur.
And despite consistent claims that the president is weak when it comes to supporting the Israeli homeland, he made his devotion — at least rhetorically speaking — more than clear. While he has disagreed with Israel’s leaders about how to handle Iran, he said that he will always stand with Israel.
Obama, while referencing a tour he once took of the Warsaw Ghetto, recalled what a woman there told him about Israel. She said, “it’s the only Jewish state we have.”
“And I made her a promise in that solemn place,” he said. “I said, ‘I will always be there for Israel.’”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 490 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 455 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 440 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 334 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 321 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 158 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- AP source: FIFA task force seeks 5-game racism ban
- Kenya's mental hospital drugs, confines patients
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- UN chief challenges African leaders over Congo
- Madrid's Catholic Church says it needs exorcists
- Fire official: 18 injured in crash between shuttle bus, tractor-trailer near Atlanta airport
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load