‘Weapon of the Future’?: Check Out to the Quadrotor Drone Equipped With a Machine Gun
We’ve seen a lot of quadrotors — those drone-style helicopters — flying in pretty elaborate formations, which could almost be considered creepy, as of late. But put those quadrotor dances in context with this next one and they don’t hold a candle in terms of fear factor.
The creator of the FPS Russia YouTube channel has a new video that, within a day, has gone viral with more than 1 million hits showcasing a quadrotor drone equipped with a sub-machine gun. Without a formal name prescribed for it, he goes with “Charlene.”
The host of the show is clear to state this weaponized quadrotor is just a prototype that he considers a “weapon of the future.” Even as a prototype, he shows us that Charlene is still fully functional. See for yourself (content warning: strong language):
As you can see, the quadrotor is connected to a control held by the user to allow them to fly the machine and also have a view of what exactly the drone is seeing. The operator is able to use Charlene to take out dummy targets on a hill and even shows how it’s mobile enough to make it through a make shift window. Ensuring Charlene doesn’t get into the wrong hands, the operator zooms her into a car, which he then blows up — Charlene included.
Gizmodo speculates that it’s only a matter of time before weapons such as this are a reality. What do you think? Is the U.S. military working on similar designs?
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 424 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 383 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 114 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- JC Chandor gains a Cannes hit with 'All Is Lost'
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Jury in Arias case gives up after no consensus
- Syrian state media: Rebels attack prison in north
- I-5 bridge collapse survivor: 'You hold on'
- No guarantee of peace, NKorean envoy warns China
- German business confidence unexpectedly rebounds
- Syrian govt to take part in peace conference