It’s not often that we get to see the most powerful man in the world tell jokes about eating dogs, craving cigarettes and imposing his rumored “radical socialist agenda” on the country. And yet, last night in Washington, D.C., we were treated to just that. Wait, let’s not forget the toilet flush. Did we really need to envision the president sitting on the toilet, seconds before he was to address the White House Press Corps?
(Related: Top Jokes From Obama’s Stand-Up Routine)
Saturday night’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner was well-attended — most of the familiar faces that endure the daily press briefings and follow the president around the country put on their formal attire and squeezed into a packed Hilton ballroom to watch Barack Obama open the show for Jimmy Kimmel. There were also a healthy number of famous faces from the showbiz world: Big money Obama donors George Clooney and Steven Spielberg were there, along with Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, and members of the cast of “Glee.”
The Obama portion of the presentation lasted 17:36 and featured the president making jokes on topics like:
- Where he was born (this one starts at 3:20, and he actually winked after saying, “And I, of course, was born in Hawaii.”)
- Eating dogs (several jokes on this topic – the biggest flop starts at the 8:35 mark of the video and has almost 30 seconds of uncomfortable reactions)
- His rumored, radical, second term agenda
- Mitt Romney’s wealth, two Harvard degrees, and lack of hipness
- Hillary Clinton’s beer drinking in Colombia (“she won’t stop drunk texting me from Cartagena.”)
- Celebrity attendees like Kim Kardashian and the cast of Glee
President Obama’s presentation started with a little sketch that poked fun at his recent ‘hot mic’ episode with Russia’s Dmitry Medvedev by having the audience believe that we were listening to the leader of the free world complaining about having to be at this dinner, while sitting on a toilet. That portion ended with a flush and Obama craving a cigarette.
Here is Obama’s entire White House Correspondents’ Dinner routine:
How do you feel about the president’s speech? Please share your thoughts below.
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.