‘Team Obama’ Debuts New ‘Forward’ Campaign Video… Featuring Beck, Limbaugh, & Hannity
Who’s ready for a seven-minute long documentary about all the great things President Barack Obama has accomplished? As we first noted on the blog, the president’s campaign thinks the country is.
Obama’s campaign team has released a new ad, and it begins by reminding the viewer that he inherited a really, really bad economy from President George W. Bush. From there, the mini-documentary launches into a litany of all the things President Obama has been able to achieve despite opposition from the “violent,” “angry,” and “racist” Tea Party. You know, the people who said “America’s best days were behind us,” according to the ad.
“But instead of working together to lift America up, Republicans were waging a campaign to tear the president down,” the ad claims over pictures of conservative commentators Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity.
Later in the video, after singling out Republican politicians including House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the mini-documentary reveals the Obama reelection campaign’s new slogan: “forward.”
If you think that sounds awfully familiar, consider MSNBC’s marketing phrase “lean forward.”
And weren’t those ads directed by Spike Lee?
Here are just a few of the other things the video boasts about:
- The ad claims the president’s stimulus saved 4.2 million jobs. Those estimates are questionable at best.
- The ad claims President Obama “saved” the auto companies. Depending on your definition of “saved,” that claim is true. But it’s important to note that the bailouts came at a huge price — and we’re not just talking financially.
- The ad touts the fact that the president’s healthcare bill make “contraception coverage guaranteed.” But the ad says nothing of the fact that the HHS’ controversial mandate and its unconstitutional burden on private Catholic institutions.
- The ad gleefully claims wind and solar power production has doubled. Like the bailout claim, this point is true. Production has doubled but only at a monumental cost to the taxpayers.
- The mini-documentary claims the president is something of a crusader for equal pay for women. However, his own cabinet members might disagree with this.
- “Don’t ask don’t tell? History,” the ad says. True, “DADT” has been overturned but, again, at what cost?
- And, of course, President Obama killed Bin Laden (bet you didn’t know that).
But that’s not all! The president also fought credit card companies, reformed Wall Street, and passed the his signature health care bill.
Here’s the video:
Update: The Mitt Romney campaign has just released an ad that seems to challenge the assertions made in the above. The theme of the video is “broken promises.”
The YouTube description reads: “President Obama’s budget projects that the deficit for the current year will total $1.33 trillion, the fourth straight year of deficits over $1 trillion. Under President Obama, the nation’s total public debt has reached a record $15.6 trillion.”
This article has been updated.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 542 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 495 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 474 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 331 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 308 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 160 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 199 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 136 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Afghan Taliban attack aid group, 2 guards killed
- NBC to air Blake Shelton's benefit for Oklahomans
- Bowie Young takes early lead on short course
- Feds look for temporary fix after I-5 collapse
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split
- Toronto mayor says he doesn't smoke crack cocaine
- Damage reported from magnitude-5.7 quake in Calif.
- Patrick: Another Indy 500 'less and less likely'