‘The View’ Assistant Shot, Family Caned at a New York Deli For Allegedly Taking Too Long to Order
Guillen, who worked for “Good Morning America” and Anderson Cooper before becoming a production assistant on “The View,” says she and her cousin were celebrating his last day in the city when the late-night altercation occurred.
When asked to describe exactly what happened, Guillen said that three men in their twenties started fighting with her group, impatient with the waiting, before one of the men asked why Medina’s arms were crossed over his chest.
Guillen responded that her cousin was just a little cold, since he is from the Dominican Republic.
“You’re on my block now,” the man retorted angrily, before departing with his group.
The trio soon returned, however, armed with a cane and a gun.
Almost immediately they attacked Medina and another of Guillen’s cousins, beating them with their fists and the cane before shooting Medina twice.
“Put the gun down. Don’t be that person,” Guillen implored, telling the New York Post, “I knew that if my cousin got shot again, he would die.”
The gunman allegedly responded, “Don’t think I won’t shoot you too, b—h!” before firing at her stomach.
“I was trying to talk him out of it, because if he saw I was a woman, he would stop. But clearly, that didn’t faze him at all,” Guillen recalled. “I fell down against a car next to my cousin…I wasn’t bleeding. It wasn’t painful. It was just obstructing my breathing.”
Then, she says: “I told my [other] cousin to put pressure on Juan’s wound because he was bleeding.”
After that, the pair just “held hands and hung in there until the ambulance came.” Medina is in critical condition after a four hour surgery, and Guillen is expected to recover.
The assailants reportedly fled to one of the nearby housing projects after the attack, and police are investigating the shootings.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 374 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 331 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 121 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 225 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 107 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 109 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Cannes crime: 2nd jewel theft during film festival
- James, Bryant voted to All-NBA first team
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Israel says Iran unaffected by world pressure
- House backs variable rate student loans
- Obama condemns 'appalling attack' on UK soldier