These People All Claim to Have Had an Alien Encounter — Read Their Stories Here
Like any artist, Steven Hirsch, 63, doesn’t want preconceived notions to be formed about his subject before his audience sees the product. Attending the 2012 International UFO Conference, Wired reports Hirsch set out to photograph and record the stories of those who claim to have had experiences with extraterrestrials.
Here’s a bit of background from Wired on Hirch’s alien encounter project:
“I don’t want my audience to have any preconceptions about these people before they see my images and read their words,” says Hirsch of his Little Sticky Legs project. “My interviews barely break the surface of what is going on in their lives … or in their minds.”
Hirsch, who has freelanced for the New York Post for 18 years, makes a habit of shooting fringe members of society and gleaning their thoughts. Past subjects have included those leaving the Manhattan Criminal Court Building and Crustypunks in the parks of NYC.
For his profile photos and interviews, the fast-talking New Yorker actually shuts up and listens.
“I’m not an analyst, my questions are not intended to find answers but to allow people to tell us their stories. Courthouse Confessions, Crustypunks and Little Sticky Legs are all about storytelling. Their stories, not mine,” says Hirsch. “We’ve become desensitized to the TV sound bite. With these projects we can stare at the picture. Stare into their eyes. Feel their angst. It’s a very simple approach. There’s no distractions.”
Wired reports the New York photographer years ago had photographed a UFO convention while on assignment and the experience “was mind-boggling and stuck with me for decades.” Following up on this feeling, he attended this year’s conference in Arizona for his own project.
In addition to taking down their stories and photographing their haunted faces, Hirsch adds another element to his project by including some drawings by some of the subjects, showing their perception of the aliens.
Here are some of the intriguing stories, in each subject’s own words, taken by Hirsch (excerpts via Wired):
“I’ve met Salamander beings and I’ve met various different types of Greys. I’ve also met the Blue Arcturians which are incredible. They all have their own personalities and their own purposes. I’ve met Andromedans, the Assyrian Warriors of Light. I’ve met the Sirius Nephrons. I’ve also met the Cat People that are from Sirius. I’ve actually seen people that can shape shift from human looking to Reptilians. [...] Part of my mission is to help people get to the ships that need to be on the ships. […] Many of the Starseeds that are here on Earth on special missions are taken to the ships where they are then informed of the changes in the strategies. I’ve never yet ever met a being that was malevolent. I’ve always meet the benevolent ones. I’d never experienced unconditional love til I’ve met them face to face and had conscious contact with them.”
“They said they had been coming to me ever since I was a child and they were not doing anything against my will and I used to be one of them and I had agreed to be this bridge between the pleiades. They had been teaching me things that I was supposed to bring through and teach to others here on Earth and I hadn’t been doing a very good job of it. So they were giving me a review of what they’d taught me. They were telling me things about cleaning up the environment, being nicer to each other and having more brotherly love. And also the big thing that was important to them was getting rid of nuclear power plants. They said it was contaminating the earth. And it also had the potential for harming them too.”
“It was an auditorium and with stadium seating. There was a podium down at the bottom and he led me to a seat. All around me were some humans here and there but there was a lot of all different types of alien beings. Next thing I’m leaving, bringing me down the aisle again. I’m telling them, ‘I want to stay, I don’t want to go.’ I start crying. I say, ‘I like it here, I belong.’ And they said, ‘No it’s not your time. You have to help save this planet Earth.’ That’s all I remember.”
“I did not know what had happened all I knew is something had happened. And about a month later out of nowhere I experienced what I later called a data dump or a download of information into my mind which I also couldn’t explain. I believe I have implants. Up my nose. Because I’ve had nose bleeds since a particular date in time. Every time I get one of those I feel as if I’ve been upgraded. And I become a little more clairvoyant and aware of whats going on around me.”
“November 5, 1975, me and six other men were leaving work in a remote forest and we encountered an unidentified flying object and I was taken aboard. My co-workers were accused of murdering me and making up a story to cover up for why I was missing. The state police gave them a lie detector test, but even though they passed ever since then it’s been one sort of attempt to explain it away anyway they could. If you’re going to pass judgement on it, get the facts first. When I regained consciousness on board, I encountered some definitely non-human entities and also some beings that resembled humans to a high degree. It was a very traumatic experience.”
[H/T Daily Mail]
This story has been updated.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 474 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 444 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 377 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 329 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 305 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 185 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 106 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Boy Scout leaders to vote on lifting gay ban
- Deliberations resume in Arias trial penalty phase
- 12-year-old Mass. boy wins National Geographic Bee
- EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
- Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
- Bears LB Urlacher announces his retirement
- Israeli air force chief warns of Syrian attacks
- Oklahoma City mayor says 12,000 to 13,000 homes damaged or destroyed by tornado