Epic New Ad Excoriates Obama For Exploiting Bin Laden’s Death
A group called “Veterans for a Strong America” is out with a scathing political ad ripping President Barack Obama for what it sees as exploiting Osama bin Laden’s death.
Released Tuesday night, the one-minute, 17-second spot crosses images of Navy SEALS and statements proclaiming “what heroes do” with clips of the president. One segment strings together his references to himself in announcing bin Laden’s death, saying: “I can report…I directed…I was briefed…I met repeatedly…I determined…at my direction…I called…”
“Heroes don’t seek credit,” the ad states.
The spot then shifts to the Obama campaign’s recent ad featuring former President Bill Clinton discussing the bin Laden raid and how a botched mission would have reflected on the president.
“Suppose the Navy SEALs had gone in there…suppose they had been captured or killed,” Clinton says. “The downside would have been horrible for him.”
“Horrible for HIM?” the ad states.
It concludes with a split-screen of a SEAL with the caption “heroism” and Obama’s face with the word “politics.”
“Tell President Obama,” it states. “Our service members sacrifice to protect our country. Not to benefit his political campaign.”
Veterans for a Strong America describes itself as a “non-partisan action organization” headed by Joel Arends, a veteran of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Arends was on the McCain campaign’s payroll during the 2008 campaign.
The Atlantic Wire has termed the ad, “the Swift Boating of Obama” — a reference to the infamous “Swift Boat Veterans for Truth” campaign against 2004 presidential candidate John Kerry.
Watch the full ad below:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 159 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 227 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 112 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 101 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea
- Afghan students protest women's rights decree
- Oil below $96 before crude stocks report, Fed
- Bank of England remains divided on stimulus
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Monroe's photos for Prague exhibition stolen
- World stocks mixed ahead of Fed chief testimony