Wait Until You See the Horrific Picture of the Mother Arrested for Putting 5-Year-Old in a Tanning Booth
A New Jersey mother has pleaded not guilty after she was accused of letting her 5-year-old daughter tan at a salon — and the little girl ended up with a burn.
Facing a child endangerment charge, Patricia Krentcil, 44, entered the plea in a Newark court Wednesday and said she “would never permit” her daughter Anna, now 6, to go tanning, WCBS-TV reported.
Not likely to help her case, at least in the court of public opinion? Krentcil’s own burnt sienna skin tone:
According to WCBS, the mother of five has admitted to bringing her daughter into the tanning salon room with her last month, but said she never allowed her daughter to get into the booth.
“It didn’t happen,” Krentcil told the station. “She’s six years old. Yes, she does go tanning with mommy, but not in the booth.”
But that’s not what prosecutors are saying: They claim Krentcil took Anna right into the tanning booth, which caused a sunburn. When a school nurse asked the girl about the mark, she answered: “I go tanning with mommy.”
New Jersey state law prohibits anyone under the age of 14 from using a tanning bed. The school notified child services and Krentcil was arrested a short time later.
Krentcil has said it’s all a misunderstanding and that her daughter’s burn came from a weekend outside gardening.
“It’s a lie,” she said of the charge. “She never went in there.”
Krentcil is currently out on $25,000 bond and her daughter is in her husband’s custody, the New Jersey Star-Ledger reported.
Still, she makes no apology for her own hue.
“I love to tan, as you can see,” she said. “I’ve gone tanning my whole life.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 255 Comments
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 229 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 173 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 100 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 118 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 138 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters
- Target's 1Q profit drops 26 pct on weak sales
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Irishman charged with 1982 IRA Hyde Park bombing
- GOP questions IRS scrutiny of anti-abortion groups
- Oil stays near $96 before crude stocks report, Fed
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, but results miss Street
- AP Interview: Rogge cites need for targeted tests